Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 15 % ❤ 9.9 % :thumbsup: 3.5 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 10.9 % 🧥 0.2 % 🙏 8.5 % 😟 47.1 % :cry: 3.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
And another thing.....

Much as I love pubs, I haven't really missed them at all and I have no great desire to go back to one for the sake of it. I'm just as happy now with a bottle of something decent and my feet up, reading.
spoonman, mattomac liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Morning David, morning everybody.

Up early, in fact since about midnight. We had a mini-barbecue yesterday and I had a bit to drink, then crashed out and woke up about 12, and I've been awake since. Just made myself a bacon banjo®.

Had a lot of time to think overnight and I'm going to have another go at traditional still life photographs. Anyone know where I can get a dead hare?

Remarkable lack of clapping round here last evening, apart from some twat driving round sounding his horn. I think that may have backfired.

Mrs A needs to go for a walk, so that may be on the cards, as will be driving her car to keep the battery topped up. For me it depends on the wind. Matron.

And on that note a happy birthday to one of ours - they can identify themselves if they so wish.

Stay cool, cats.

By Oblomov
Good day all.

Very choppy waters ahead. I have survived the culling, Oblomva is up for redundancy. If that goes ahead, she’s as good as deported. Just as well the works upstairs have stopped because we’ve enough headache to last us the next couple of months.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:29 am
Good day all.

Very choppy waters ahead. I have survived the culling, Oblomva is up for redundancy. If that goes ahead, she’s as good as deported. Just as well the works upstairs have stopped because we’ve enough headache to last us the next couple of months.
What a nightmare. Do you already have home office letters on your back?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:29 am
Good day all.

Any chance of you following her back to the old country, and fleeing this virus riddled spiv-pit?

By Boiler
Morning all.

Has it really been fifteen years since the London bombings? A day I remember all too well, having avoided being on the Circle Line train by virtue of missing the train I'd normally catch into King's Cross that morning.

The day before was the day that the IOC announced London had won the 2012 Olympics.

I think a radio needs to go on the bench today: it doesn't belong to me and I've had it in for two years for repair...
Rishi Sunak

Yup. See also those who can't afford to eat out n[…]

Priti Patel

Lenny Henry: Virtue signalling woke nobody with fa[…]

The Trump Presidency

Geologically impossible to add another one, appare[…]

Roll Call

Still approximately 24 degrees here, but it feels […]