Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 33.3 % :thumbsup: 8.3 % :grinning: 38.9 % 😟 11.1 % :cry: 5.6 % :shit: 2.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
It's world leading in that the British government are the first to "inject" Pounds Sterling into the arts. No other country has done this. They've all used forrin currencies.

And, of course, the weak-minded gammons swallow this shit and come back for more.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:46 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:16 am
Post-Imperialist arse gravy.
Mate of mine saw them at the Camden Roundhouse in 79. He's got all their albums.
I was there, Atilla the Stockbroker played a blinder on support.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:46 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:16 am
Post-Imperialist arse gravy.
Mate of mine saw them at the Camden Roundhouse in 79. He's got all their albums.
They'll be in session next week
The Red Arrow, Arrowhead, Watchman and 1 others liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:33 pm
As soon as I saw world leading I knew at least one country would have thrown more money at their arts.

You wonder how this will be doled out, nope you’ve criticised the Government.... no money for you.
Government unveils £1.5bn support package for Mrs Brown’s Boys Live

https://newsthump.com/2020/07/06/govern ... boys-live/
mattomac liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:18 am
As suspected by many, he's on manoeuvres, isn't he? Personal photographer in tow for a while, as noted in replies.

I'm glad he's on manoeuvres, for the simple reason he wouldn't be if he knew there wasn't any point. Which means Johnson may be on notice. And the more pressure he's under, the more strain his relationship with Cummings will be under as he increases the heat by doing unnecessary wrecking jobs as with the army.

I think it's now a question of who cracks first.

By The Red Arrow
It's a very, very, low bar to hurdle for him.

Important we know who Sunak actually is, rather than the only vaguely adult shaped Tory not looking like a complete moron.

Very easy to over estimate his character, when so many in his party are lacking in it.
By satnav
This morning he tried to conduct all his media interviews from a noisy factory in Worcester. It was clearly a PR stunt but it didn't work to well because he couldn't hear most of the questions.

When he did get stuck in a tight corner he kept going on about how we were offering a better package than other comparable countries which seems a bit odd given that the government has kept insisting that we shouldn't be making such comparisons with other countries with regard to Covid.

By Boiler
No, definitely not touting for leadership, no sirree.

(From https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53363032)

BTW: lowest rated comment on that article - at least the writer didn't bring God into the matter.
Screenshot_2020-07-10 Most Britons still 'uncomfortable' eating out.png
Screenshot_2020-07-10 Most Britons still 'uncomfortable' eating out.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 256 times

By Malcolm Armsteen
No doubt that Ricky Sunshine is on manoeuvres. Further to the story of him getting his own, expensive, photographer:
The Londoner understands that former Times photographer Simon Walker joined at the end of last year. A source at the Treasury told us “a digital content editor” had been hired as part of their social media team and added: “It’s not unusual to have someone in comms who leads on photography. This is just moving with the times.” But the rise of the in-house photographer has not gone down well with members of the press pack. “It’s all about controlling the image,” a source told us. “We have found that we now have less access than we used to for big moments with the big beasts like the Prime Minister, Chancellor and Foreign Secretary. We used to get invited in a lot more to capture events like preparing for budget day but that’s changing.

“The advisers are paranoid about us taking those interesting, iconic shots which often capture a thousand words. Even Tony Blair’s lot were nothing compared to this.”
Manipulation of the image.
Roll Call

I've had to wear a hat for years, don't mind it ac[…]

Boris Johnson

Well de Piffle, if you want criminals, maybe, just[…]

Rishi Sunak

Yup. See also those who can't afford to eat out n[…]

Priti Patel

Lenny Henry: Virtue signalling woke nobody with fa[…]