Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 42.9 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 13 % 😯 5 % :grinning: 25.9 % 🧥 1.7 % 🙏 2.3 % 😟 0.7 % :cry: 5.6 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:45 pm
Also missing the point that the overlap between mafia bosses and university lecturers is quite low.
Yeah, I think that's the worst analogy I've ever heard,

Either that or the lecturer bloke is running the world's most subtle protection racket.

By Andy McDandy
They're chosen by the local selection committee, or party HQ. So it's not so much about impressing the locals but a small sub-section of the locals who are pretty politically committed. Same applies on the left.

Sadly, words such as reasonable, amenable, open to discussion and so on translate into political speak as "weak". It's easier to adopt a "strong" position on an issue and refuse to budge (knowing that eventually you may well be proved right, or that something will happen to support your stance) than to take the "weak" stance of an open mind.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:45 pm
Also missing the point that the overlap between mafia bosses and university lecturers is quite low.
Whaddayamean; ya never heard of 'Don' Corleone?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Rees-Mogg says it's safe for MPs to come back to parliament. The government tell us it's safe to go in pubs, go back to work, go on holiday.

So why this?
The Conservative Party's annual conference will be held online this year due to the coronavirus pandemic...

In her letter, Ms Milling said many would be "disappointed" not to be able to physically attend conference, which is a "highlight of the political calendar".

But she said the party's "first priority" was the health and safety of people attending conference...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53324512

Surely they're not lying to us about pubs, offices, factories, hotels, beaches etc, are they? :shock:
By satnav
The government put up Nicky Morgan to try and deal with the Independent's story about parking charges for NHS staff. On the BBC she denied that charges were about to be re-introduced but by the time she got to SkyNews she had changed her tune and had moved on to trying to defend the policy. She was completely filleted by Kay Burley who gave her examples of how much newly qualified nurses would have to pay. She kept asking Morgan if she supported the policy and Morgan really didn't give her a proper answer.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Boiler wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:40 am
Thicky Morgan. Does she still have that permastartled look?

As a related aside, how long before the supermarkets withdraw NHS 'privileges'?
August 1st.

Though Ocado tell me my reserved slots are good 'for the foreseeable future'.
The Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/12903299935[…]

Roll Call

What a lovely name. I hope she wears it in happine[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

And of course Matt Zerb-Cousin in joining in - […]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1290407682[…]