Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 56.8 % ❤ 15.5 % :thumbsup: 7 % 😯 0.5 % :grinning: 9.9 % 🧥 0.9 % 🙏 5.6 % 😟 3.3 % :cry: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Morris dancers are the latest casualties of the Summer of Stupidity. Their official association has banned blackface in the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests.

The Joint Morris Organisation (JMO) said it could ‘cause deep hurt’. Needless to say, the decision hasn’t gone down well. John Ellis, of the Hampshire-based Hook Eagle Morris Men said: ‘This is not the Black And White Minstrels. It isn’t about race.’ Indeed. The traditional blackface is a disguise dating back to the 15th century.

Yes Morris dancers know the origins of the soot face and that it has nothing to do with minstrelism but few have blacked up for years due to the poor optics. There are some that still occasionally whistle to keep dogs on side

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... gover.html

How to get the economy back on track? Dickie doesn't have a clue, but somehow everyone's at fault. Working people for working from home. Unemployed people for not working. Companies for laying off staff. The government for paying companies to retain staff. Nobody seems to have a plan, and that includes him.

Topical references today are Live Aid and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Yeah, Live Aid. With a big picture of Bob Geldof and the standard misquote.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
He followed up his extension of the free school meals scheme through the summer holiday

This is the line that fucked me off........they were pulled kicking and screaming into extending it

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Whatever Rishi Sunak’s drinking, make mine a large one. But seeing as he doesn’t touch alcohol, I can only assume he’s discovered some kind of magic teetotal elixir.
Either that, or he’s a devotee of one of those New Age cults which promises serenity and divine intervention in exchange for a large financial donation.

Yeh, Hindu Rishi chants while he does his yogic flying with George Harrison. You’d think LJ would see Sunak as one of his efnic mates but he can’t help himself. And ‘the other lot’ have no religious aversion to alcohol is just not culturally popular where Rishi’s folks come from for obvious climatic reasons.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:39 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... gover.html

How to get the economy back on track? Dickie doesn't have a clue, but somehow everyone's at fault. Working people for working from home. Unemployed people for not working. Companies for laying off staff. The government for paying companies to retain staff. Nobody seems to have a plan, and that includes him.

Topical references today are Live Aid and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Yeah, Live Aid. With a big picture of Bob Geldof and the standard misquote.
A guy who subs a couple of paragraphs each week form a foreign beach house.
Complains about working from home.
I've got some Irony meter shrapnel in my eye.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -work.html

You're all lazy bastards. You might think that you've been working as hard as possible to do your job remotely, but in fact you're just part of the problem. What we need are people buying overpriced sandwiches and getting pissed at lunchtime.

But not too many.

We also need to increase congestion and get people stuffing themselves into dilapidated office buildings, because what we really need is to SEE PEOPLE TOILING. WORK, FUCKERS! PUSH THOSE PENS! Doesn't matter if you're not actually producing anything, just DIG, DIG, DIG! To dispose of you is no great loss!

Meanwhile, waaah, he had to wear a mask, and he thinks pub meals cost about a fiver.

From the comments:
KingsNewClothes, Londonistan, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago

The only kind of job that lets you drink in working hours involves writing drivel,every week.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Still, after visiting my man Harry, at Ego barbers in Cockfosters, North London, I am newly shorn and fit to face the world again.

The last time it was this short, Desmond Dekker was at No 1 with Israelites.
So he's back noticing through the barber shop window that there's more darkies than ever in the suburbs. Dick must be in the Enfield end of Cockfosters as he wouldn't have passed up telling us he's getting his Barnet cut in Barnet.
The Tories, Generally

RAVE ;-)

Labour, Generally.

Given they class losing a GE as winning an argumen[…]

Roll Call

The one thing we have a growth industry in; cunter[…]

Meanwhile in France

Another leader whose poll ratings aren’t fal[…]