For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 54.9 % :thumbsup: 5.9 % 😯 3.9 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🙏 3.9 % :cry: 2 % :shit: 3.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... e-red-wall

From the Guardian a couple of days ago; Mr Twentyman comes close, but Keith Park is the clear winner

EDIT; on re reading he's inching towards COTD levels

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As I've mentioned before, I spent a lot of time in Leigh growing up, and still have friends there. They've found more evidence of that particular bloke speekin his branes:

The current local MP (James Grundy, aka the Pennington Flasher) was in the year above me at college, and is currently getting a lot of flak from various fellow alumni for being a complete sell-out to the Cult of Boris.

As I said to people at the time: as much as we used to be able to have a reasonable conversation on campus, any Tory MP still in the party must be very clear-eyed about the sort of people and policies they've hitched their wagon to.

By davidjay
Samanfur wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:39 am

As I said to people at the time: as much as we used to be able to have a reasonable conversation on campus, any Tory MP still in the party must be very clear-eyed about the sort of people and policies they've hitched their wagon to.
I would guess that most of the new breed of Tory MP will be in their forties and younger so they got interested in politics post-evil witch. If they were willing to ally themselves to that particular brand of poison, no wonder they're happy to go along with the Ledge.

By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:34 am
Many I suspect are not so much interested in public service as they are in the directorships, book deals, media opportunities etc. Means to an end etc.
"Never had a proper job...doesn't know anything of the real world" has fallen out of favour a bit lately.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Due to Corvid we haven't had the opportunity to see the new Tory in-take 'shine'. I suspect they are a collection of bottom feeders who would only have made UKIP a few years back.

Helen Pidd has interviewed the pizza everyman before. And after lunch at his joint. Journalists are fond of quoting taxi drivers as well as voices of people. They're always friendly to journalists due to their fares being on expenses. They also give journalists blank receipts or post date them to supplement their unimpressive salaries through expenses I've been told.

By Boiler
mr angry manchester wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:58 pm
Naw, just Nitro mors it. Is it just me, or does anyone else think Banksy is a bit shit?
It's not just you. I'd love to know what BBN thinks of this...
The Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/12903299935[…]

Roll Call

What a lovely name. I hope she wears it in happine[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

And of course Matt Zerb-Cousin in joining in - […]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1290407682[…]