Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.5 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 6.8 % 😯 4 % :grinning: 35.6 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 2 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:02 am
Oh, you'll love this one, groovers...

Beat me to it. I've read Brexiters blame Soros and the Rothschilds for the shit creek they've paddled themselves up but that's the gold medal for barmy dolchstoßlegende. Are Leave HQ the EFTA lot with the obnoxiously unstable Pete North (knows his technical stuff on the SM though)?

By Boiler
oboogie wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:18 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 pm
Tir on a toboggan!

Have a read of this.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1277 ... 6AMNFgY21A

Last update: "There was a co-ordinated attack on my Twitter password and now my DM's are filling up with loads of attack posts by Brexit supporters including threats to me and my wife."

And now his account has disappeared. :(
And finally;

https://www.indy100.com/article/fake-br ... er-9599401

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As with one of Hancock's recent comedy tweets, I'm left wondering if these idiots actually get to read the replies. Or do they just sit there with an inane smirk thinking "Well, that's that message out there"?

By Andy McDandy
They're told to fire off so many a day. Or someone in their office is. As for replies, no of course they don't matter. Anyone disagreeing with you is either a Labour activist, a troll, or a bot. Or they don't live in your constituency so don't matter. And besides, a hit's a hit.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Leadsom's just been on Any Questions giving it the full Voltaire with her commitment to free speech for all. Why should demonstrable nonsense and lies be elevated to a level playing field of opinion that can be backed up with factual rigour? In an arena with time and format parameters that makes cross examination and exposure hard (along with sloppy 'one had this' BBC ringmasters). Leadsom was one of the worst offender in the EURef. And this is where we are.

By Tubby Isaacs
Next time a free speech absolutist is on, perhaps they can be asked whether people should get sacked for criticizing their employers.

Or maybe we could dial up the ghost of Voltaire and ask him. Just like we dialled up John Milton and found he was against Leveson.
youngian liked this
Rishi Sunak

You can't eat hope. You can't pay your landlord wi[…]

Priti Patel

Lenny Henry: Virtue signalling woke nobody with fa[…]

The Trump Presidency

Geologically impossible to add another one, appare[…]

Roll Call

Still approximately 24 degrees here, but it feels […]