Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 59.3 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 6.1 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 22.9 % 🧥 0.9 % 🙏 2.8 % 😟 1.2 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Jezza begins to feel the real-life consequences of favouring anti-semitism.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/pro-israe ... mZQGd3MUeI

Pro-Israel activist Richard Millett wins first stage of High Court libel case against Jeremy Corbyn.
oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Mark Lewis was a sturdy figure in the hacked off campaign. They’re in safe hands.

Israel isn’t the only part of the world where Corbyn’s naive conspiratorial politics attracts controversy. Obviously he doesn’t support genocide but never had anything to offer to prevent them.
oboogie liked this
Same approach as with everything else. He would suggest everyone disarm, and if they don’t then it’s their fault for not being as enlightened.

And of course everyone disarming would be the ideal, but that’s the difference between holding out for an unreachable perfection and doing nothing as a consequence because compromise isn’t something to be countenanced, and having to occasionally get your hands dirty but being able to make some sort of a difference.
oboogie, Timbo liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Same approach as with everything else. He would suggest everyone disarm, and if they don’t then it’s their fault for not being as enlightened.

Weasel words for the younger comrade peaceniks* who'd find it hard to believe he advocates militarist balance of power politics just like the capitalist war mongers. Perfectly logical realpolitik if you believe anti-imperialist governments run by Black September or the Red Army Faction is a good option.
* younger is a bit unfair having been told lefties in their 60s I've been brainwashed by Murdoch by not acknowledging Jez as a pioneering peace maker.

By Tubby Isaacs
Some good Jez in this John Pilger bollocks from 2016.

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/08/24/t ... on-serbia/
In a debate with leadership challenger Owen Smith, Corbyn was asked by the moderator: “How would you act on a violation by Vladimir Putin of a fellow NATO state?”

Corbyn replied: “You would want to avoid that happening in the first place. You would build up a good dialogue with Russia … We would try to introduce a de-militarization of the borders between Russia, the Ukraine and the other countries on the border between Russia and Eastern Europe. What we cannot allow is a series of calamitous build-ups of troops on both sides which can only lead to great danger.”

Pressed to say if he would authorize war against Russia “if you had to,” Corbyn replied: “I don’t wish to go to war – what I want to do is achieve a world that we don’t need to go to war.”
I wonder if NATO allies at the sharp end regard having troops near the border as "calamitous".

As an aside, Pilger fingers the Mr Big who is leading the charge for war with Russia.
Smear by media inevitably becomes war by media. If war with Russia breaks out, by design or by accident, journalists will bear much of the responsibility.

In the U.S., the anti-Russia campaign has been elevated to virtual reality. The New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, an economist with a Nobel Prize, has called Donald Trump the “Siberian Candidate” because Trump is Putin’s man, he says.
Yeah, Krugman must feel a right fool now. Fancy him thinking that.

Even more hilariously.
. As for Obama: while American police gun down his fellow African-Americans the great hope in the White House has done nothing to protect them, nothing to relieve their impoverishment, while running four rapacious wars and an assassination campaign without precedent.
The Justice Department could have sued a few more police forces, sure, but does Pilger think that the President runs police departments or something? Or that the President can just declare "more money for blacks" over the heads of the House?
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:36 pm
The Absolute Boy wrote:.Together, we must learn the lessons of history and ensure that such horrific acts never happen again.
By constantly and consistently voting against intervention, no matter what the circumstances.
And this is the root of the 'always on the right side of history' bollocks.

Corbyn is against *any* intervention, no matter how justified. And our recent history of ill advised intervention has meant that, superficially, Jezza was right. But its accidental.

Sure. He wouldnt have intervened in Afghanistan, or Iraq. But he also wouldnt have intervened in Kosovo, Sierra Leone, Libya or the Falklands.

You dont get to call 'heads' on every coin toss and then declare your genius based on carefully selecting the tosses that proved you right.
oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
In the U.S., the anti-Russia campaign has been elevated to virtual reality. The New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, an economist with a Nobel Prize, has called Donald Trump the “Siberian Candidate” because Trump is Putin’s man, he says.
Yeah, Krugman must feel a right fool now. Fancy him thinking that.
:lol:
I read some other Pilger balls on Srebrenica and Kosovo this morning that I'll have a rummage around and see if I can find. Pilger, Assange, Galloway, MIlne etc have a soft spot for Trump as he's not interventionist and wants to tear up international institutionalism (organisations for the advancement of Western imperialism). Be careful what you wish for.
By mattomac
Sanders seems to understand what happened last time.... some of his followers don't.

Then again they don't want the Democrats in the white house, they just want their created democratic in the white house. Same as the far left don't want Labour in power as long as they win the argument*.

*On twitter
youngian wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:31 pm

Weasel words for the younger comrade peaceniks* who'd find it hard to believe he advocates militarist balance of power politics just like the capitalist war mongers. Perfectly logical realpolitik if you believe anti-imperialist governments run by Black September or the Red Army Faction is a good option.
* younger is a bit unfair having been told lefties in their 60s I've been brainwashed by Murdoch by not acknowledging Jez as a pioneering peace maker.
Just as bad as you can expect

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Looks to me like a Jezza doll with a different head sewn on. Better than letting stock go to waste
Raffle tickets are being sold at £5 a ticket for the attached Len Mccluskey doll.
The draw will be on the 1 August

If you want to buy tickets, reply back to this email with your name and how many, and i will give your options to pay.

The raffle is to raise money for Unite Community Branch in Cambridge.
Attachments
E80DC357-4FF9-477A-B7CD-510474EA30B2.jpeg
E80DC357-4FF9-477A-B7CD-510474EA30B2.jpeg (98.38 KiB) Viewed 231 times
The Tories, Generally

Everyone to blame but themselves... https://twitt[…]

Richard Littlejohn

The Mail line is to be against WFH not just becaus[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Its almost as though they dont know what pragmat[…]

Roll Call

The sting is better (thank you all soooo much for […]