Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 44 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 13.3 % 😯 4.6 % :grinning: 24.8 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 2.5 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.9 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:40 am

Not just the Covid fuckwittery, but look who he's quoting. One of the main Pizzagate conspiracists.
That's a hell of a mis-spelling of "bodies"
Arrowhead, Tubby Isaacs, oboogie and 1 others liked this
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think Simon Hoare is spot on. My wife has audited three different food factories in America and at each factory the routine was the same. If she found any none compliances first the company would aggressively deny that they were at fault, then they would try and fob her off with a letter from the company layer promising to sort the problem out as soon as possible and if this failed they would simply appeal against any findings in her final report. In most cases it would have been a lot easier to just sort out the problem rather than dragging their feet and being deliberately awkward.

By Kreuzberger
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:36 am
Ah, so NOW it makes sense. Muddled messaging = excuse to get rid of loads of messengers and centralise control:

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/profe ... form-drive
The COI? That worked well but it did need people to be acting largely in good faith. Therein lies the problem

By Malcolm Armsteen
Non-competitive tendering. I haven't checked all of this, but if any single part is true Handcock should be on his bike.

I make this £30,325,000,000
Would genuinely be delighted to discover that these aren't correct, so please fel free to contradict this post.
"£252m of public money given to Ayanda Capital, registered in Mauritius for tax dodging, to supply PPE that never appeared.
£186m of public money given to Uniserve Ltd of Essex, the UK’s largest privately owned logistics and global trade management company, to supply PPE that never appeared.
£116m of public money given to P14 Medical Ltd of Liverpool, which had liabilities exceeding assets by £485,000 in December 2019 with just £145 in the bank, for PPE that never appeared.
£108m of public money given to PestFix, with 16 employees and net assets of £19,000, for PPE that never appeared.
£14.2m and a subsequent £93.2m of public money given to Clandeboye Agencies Ltd, a confectionery wholesaler in Co Antrim, for PPE that never appeared.
£40m of public money given to Medicine Box Ltd of Sutton-in-Ashfield, despite having assets of just £6,000 in March, for PPE that never appeared.
£32m and a subsequent £16m of public money given to Initia Ventures Ltd, filed for dormancy in January this year, for PPE that never appeared.
£28m of public money given to Monarch Acoustics Ltd of Nottingham, makers of shop and office furniture, for PPE that never appeared.
£25m of public money given to Luxe Lifestyle Ltd, to supply garments for biological or chemical protection to the NHS. According to Companies House, the business was incorporated by fashion designer Karen Brost in November 2018. It appears to have no employees, no assets and no turnover.
£18.4m of public money given to Aventis Solutions Ltd of Wilmslow, with just £322 in assets, for PPE that never appeared.
£10m of public money given to Medco Solutions Ltd, incorporated on 26 March (three days after lockdown) with a share capital of just £2, for PPE that never appeared.
£1.1m of public money given to Bristol shoemaker Toffeln Ltd, had seemingly never supplied any PPE whatsoever in the past, for PPE that never appeared.
£825,000 of public money given to MGP Advisory, described as a venture and development capital business that was in danger of being struck off the companies register for failing to file accounts, for no one knows what...
Meanwhile the nurses and carers, of whom over 300 have died whilst trying to save over 65,000 lives that have now been lost, had to resort to wearing bin bags."
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/the-trut ... zd1EemLSD0

By Oblomov
Just a minor observation but has anybody else noticed they're wheeling out ministers to comment on topics outside of their purview? Hancock has been asked about Huawei and 5G, and I've just seen George Eustice on the lunchtime news to give an opinion about compulsory face masks in shops.

Sorting out the expendables early?

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:14 am
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:36 am
Ah, so NOW it makes sense. Muddled messaging = excuse to get rid of loads of messengers and centralise control:

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/profe ... form-drive
The COI? That worked well but it did need people to be acting largely in good faith. Therein lies the problem
Mate of mine worked for them for many years.
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:31 am
Just a minor observation but has anybody else noticed they're wheeling out ministers to comment on topics outside of their purview? Hancock has been asked about Huawei and 5G, and I've just seen George Eustice on the lunchtime news to give an opinion about compulsory face masks in shops.

Sorting out the expendables early?
I saw George Eustice trying to explain what a 'shovel ready flood prevention scheme' is. Most people would think that it is a project that could start fairly quickly but apparently it actually mean that work might start in 18 months time. So a shovel ready flood prevention schemes seems to be on a par with Johnson's 'oven ready trade deal.'

I think it is pretty fair to say that Eustice is a clueless about the work of his own department and equally clueless about the workings of every other government department.
The Tories, Generally

Everyone to blame but themselves... https://twitt[…]

Richard Littlejohn

The Mail line is to be against WFH not just becaus[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Its almost as though they dont know what pragmat[…]

Roll Call

The sting is better (thank you all soooo much for […]