Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.6 % ❤ 9.7 % :thumbsup: 3.6 % 😯 0.9 % :grinning: 10.6 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 8.7 % 😟 47.9 % :cry: 3.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:05 pm
Malcolm's gone insane ! He's barbecuing his family !

Somebody call the cops, quick !
Sod the cops, I'm gonna get me some baps and scoot over to Malcolm's to get me some longpig.

By Oblomov
Morning all,

Thankfully, Oblomova's mother will be heading home this lunch time. As wonderful & important as it was for them to see each other, the current conditions make any house guest's welcome a short one. And she's not even that bad as fussy, overbearing Italian matriarchs go!

Landlord got paid building insurance for the water damage to our wells, hooray! But he wants to proceed with renovations sharpish so he's asking us if we can pack all our stuff up and look to stay elsewhere for the duration. Ah stress.

Finally did my COVID-19 antibodies test yesterday, was a negative result. Though I'm still skeptical about the accuracy of the data, I am still surprised at that given the population density of my commute and where I live, also that big massive pub piss up I rather foolishly went to on 14th March. Still, always good to exercise more caution eh?

EDIT: I promised a link to the study last week, here it is - https://reactstudy-covid-testing.co.uk/uc/flowReg.php

It says registrations are closed alas but my details were randomly pulled from my GP's contact database so maybe contacting them to say you're interested might get one sent your way?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Morning Obbz, morning everybody.

Interesting result. I'm going to wait a few days after yesterday (double-bubble BBQ) and then request an infection test, hopefully followed up by an antibody test later.

The barbecue was great, being with fam and all the grandkids. Took loads of lovely informal portraits, but my assurances to the kids mean that I can't publish them here - but they are on my Flickr account for friends and family.

I gave my old Nikon D5200 and a collection of lenses to Spike - she seemed quite pleased by that! The only condition was that she allows me to teach her to use it. Which reminds me - if Safe Timber Bloke is reading, how have things gone with your Nikon?

Going to have a quiet day today, cleaning up the barbecue and eating cold, burned sausages.

Be safe, lieblings.
Oblomov liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
I am also eating cold burnt sausages, but AFAIK I'm not a member of Malc's family - we just had my folks over for a barbecue too and, as is traditional, cooked sufficient food for another 8 family members who didn't show up on account of not being invited or indeed existing.

I'm also officially covid-free so far, as Mrs CW had a test the other week relating to her work (rather than any suspicion of illness) and that came back negative. Which has led to the strange result of being slightly disappointed, as now I know I still have zero immunity to it, so have to be wary of the increasing number of dickheads.

By MisterMuncher
Got the christening over handy enough. More people than I've dealt with in a while in the house, great to see my brothers again, been a hell of a long time. Lot of abuse and shit talk about cars, guitars, bad manners and the "joys" of children. Food went pretty well, me ould fella discovered a devilish fondness for dahl of all things.

Herself is now officially Meabh Elizabeth. A grand ould tag, there's two queens in there. Remains to be seen if she's into stealing cows or countries.
The Red Arrow, lambswool, Zuriblue and 6 others liked this

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:34 pm
Herself is now officially Meabh Elizabeth. A grand ould tag, there's two queens in there. Remains to be seen if she's into stealing cows or countries.
Wait until she is older and finds out what the highest peak in the Sperrins is named after. :shock: :shock:

By MisterMuncher
From inside the industry:

Eat out to help out is a fucking terrible idea. The last thing whilst running shoestring shifts, shortened hours and rearranged seating plans to keep social distance is a bunch of headers looking a fiver off lunch. It's going to lead to clusters, inevitably, because if you're dumb-fuck enough to go out when mildly symptomatic or suspicious, you're definitely dumb-fuck enough to sit on top of people, harass floor staff, leave your shit anywhere and everywhere, and most especially, let your fucking children run red fucking war round the joint.

I was in work alone today, we're only opening five days a week at the moment and today was a prep day. I swear the phone rang at least 300 times in the 9 hours I was there. Delivery guy told me everywhere is the same. A branch of Nando's was told at the last minute that they couldn't open to the public in Belfast got rid of all their prepped/cooked food by *having a party for the staff, their families and friends, including free cocktails*. What's the fucking point?

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
It certainly seems to be making my local takeaway busy, judging by delivery times. I'm also a bit troubled by my proximity to the maskless driver who brought it and then couldn't get his card reader to read my card. I tried phoning them later but they were still busy and having trouble getting card payments to work, so I'm calling them tomorrow to settle up. Assuming I don't scare myself witless again, only over Covid this time.
The Tories, Generally

As someone said on there, paraphrased - the worst[…]

US election 2020

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1319672735035[…]

Priti Patel

Oh my God. It's a rather high profile case, at a r[…]

Peter Hitchens

And extremely intelligent, and a critical thinker.