Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 59.2 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 6.3 % 😯 2.5 % :grinning: 22.5 % 🧥 0.9 % 🙏 2.7 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'm tending to agree. Corbyn's behaviour is intolerable.

Starmer is clearly waiting until the release of both the ECHR report and the Forde Report before unleashing hell on Corbyn and his Trots. I hope he does not hold back.
I have a suspicion I know what this is. They’ve looked at the tiny number of WhatsApp messages moaning about Corbyn doing better than expected at the GE, and taken them entirely at face value. They’re so joyless and “always on” they can’t perceive of people who have to work with such endlessly worthy dullards like them joking that they’ll be intolerable after a good result. It’s like having a mate at work who won’t shut up about his football team when they win - you don’t actually mean you’re going to kill him if you say to a mate “if he doesn’t shut up about the cup win, I’ll strangle him with his bloody Man U scarf!”.

They’ve then taken this heavy-handed approach, plus believed their own hype so much that they genuinely think anyone not 100% up their arse is a Tory, and put 2 and 2 together and got 50. They think that they were denied a win by the very people who probably worked to get them the lesser defeat they ended up with - as shown by the 2019 defeat being an absolute wipe out with poorly handled finances when they were entirely in charge.
Timbo, oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By Abernathy
The 2017 result was slightly less than catastrophic precisely because of experienced and capable Labour staffers. Had it not been for their commitment and phenomenally hard work, perversely the meltdown would have happened two years before it actually did. In 2019, with Corbynite hands on ever lever of the Labour machine, the slaughter duly took place.

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:06 pm

Starmer is clearly waiting until the release of both the ECHR report and the Forde Report before unleashing hell on Corbyn and his Trots. I hope he does not hold back.
And I'll wager you a modern plastic fiver that nowt happens, me old chum.

By Abernathy
Boiler wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:19 pm
Abernathy wrote:

Go on, then. That's definitely a bet worth having. The outcomes of both those reports are so massively consequential that it's inconceivable that nothing will be done. I'll take your blue beer voucher.
oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:

There might be a downside to unleashing hell but I can’t think of it.
oboogie liked this

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:23 pm
Boiler wrote:
Abernathy wrote:

Go on, then. That's definitely a bet worth having. The outcomes of both those reports are so massively consequential that it's inconceivable that nothing will be done. I'll take your blue beer voucher.
You're on.
And now this:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... n-campaign
Jeremy Corbyn and his former leadership team have openly accused disgruntled Labour officials of potentially costing the party the chance of victory by sabotaging the 2017 election campaign in a factional dispute.

In a joint statement that shines a light on the scale of continued Labour splits, Corbyn, the former shadow chancellor John McDonnell and seven other former shadow ministers and aides have for the first time formally endorsed claims made in a party report leaked in April.

In their submission to the party inquiry called to examine the leaked report, Corbyn and his former colleagues claimed the alleged diversion of some party funds during the 2017 election could even constitute fraud.
Boiler - you're chucking your money away...
oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Abernathy wrote:

Starmer fights battles he can win. Why wouldn’t he win a battle against these clowns?
oboogie liked this

By Boiler
It's something I can ill afford to do Malc (FFS, even my homeless mate earns more than me now) - but I have become so disillusioned with politics that I genuinely expect that the repercussions many believe will happen, won't. Ever. Hence my bet with Abers.

Not so much a Cleansing of the Augean Stables as a quick wipe with a wet-wipe.

There'll only be losers in this.
If the investigations do anything other than exonerate him, he should - if he was a quarter of the apparent man of impeccable integrity we’re told he is - resign of his own accord for making false accusations.

However, as this is the man who voted a record number of times against his own party and has briefed against and undercut every leader he has served under while expecting absolute loyalty himself, I won’t hold my breath.
Oblomov liked this
Also, worth remembering that the leaked report that all this is based on was considered deliberately misleading by Corbyn’s own lawyer, and even then was supposed to be about antisemitism. Funny how it rambled off to attempt to get him off the hook for something else as well...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other
Abernathy, oboogie liked this
If the Corbynites want a war give them one.

Defeated, cast into bottomless perdition, and in disarray, Satan and all the forces of Pandemonium determined their strategy:
‘To wage by force or guile eternal Warr
Irreconcilable, to our grand Foe.’
and
‘War then, war. Open or understood must be resolved…’
Like a pro-Corbyn report author, I’m quoting selectively from Milton’s text to suit my argument, but you get the idea. Corbyn’s supporters have decided to wage war, by any means necessary, against Keir Starmer’s leadership of the Labour Party. They are now openly dedicated to his destruction.
The engine of war they’ve chosen is the so-called ‘Labour leaks’ report which is currently under investigation by Martin Forde QC. This is now central to their ‘stab in the back’ myth. It rambles over 800 pages, but the gist is that Corbyn would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.
The kids in question are members of Labour Party staff who had such awesome power that they could manipulate and determine the outcome of the 2017 general election from their desks. Others have raised the obvious point that Labour did better in 2017 (when the shadowy saboteurs were at work) than in 2019 when Corbyn was in complete control of the party machine, but let’s not let the obvious facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
Thomas Gardiner, lawyer, Labour councillor, and the man appointed by Corbyn as his Director of Governance and Legal at head office is reported as stating in an email to the then-general secretary Jennie Formby that the ‘report’ should not be circulated because party employees’ emails and WhatsApp messages had been
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I don't know who she is, but her and her mates... […]

Boris Johnson

I was more thinking Ronnie Corbett in his chair.[…]

The Tories, Generally

There seems to be a lot of that on Twitter too, bu[…]

US election 2020

Obviously, it's pretty awful that the Republicans […]