Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.1 % ❤ 3.4 % :thumbsup: 9.7 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 25 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 4.2 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
At the weekend Johnson tried to claim that there was a moral duty to fully open schools and made out that the Tories really care about vulnerable children yet the reality is Tory county councils spend a small fortune each year opposing extra help for children with special needs. Here is a story that appeared in my local paper last year.

Council spends hundreds of thousands of pounds fighting claims by Derbyshire parents with disabled children

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... ren-976680

By Kreuzberger
Watchman wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:26 pm
Well de Piffle, if you want criminals, maybe, just maybe, you could do something about human trafficking
Human Trafficking is often brought up when discussing the Calais lads and their families.

I don't get it. Sure you need a decent sized boat to launch off the Libyan coast if there is going to be even the remotest chance of survival. That's when you need someone to co-ordinate the logistics. Ditto, making it across the Sahara.

Up from Arab lands and their immediate neighbours to the east, via the Turkish / Greek route? I have my doubts.

And Calais? I can see on Google Maps at least a dozen B et Q type sheds in the immediate area. Ten francs says that they all sell RIBs, not to mention all the myriad chandlers, dotted along the coast.

You don't need a clandestine, supra-national, dark-web-connected, and highly-organised criminal enterprise to get a boat there. Just rock up with your mates and pay in cash.

I could be wrong and the whole "people smugglers" drama might actually be valid. Anyone, anyone?
Tubby Isaacs, Abernathy, youngian and 1 others liked this

By Bones McCoy
KevS wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:10 am
"Fantastic year" obviously defined as "astonishing headlines that will make you genuinely wonder if you are hallucinating due to the heat"

Crikey chaps:
Tories bad!! Gingers and Darkies good!
Has a small cadre of red activists seized control of the means of propaganda?

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:26 pm
Watchman wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:26 pm
Well de Piffle, if you want criminals, maybe, just maybe, you could do something about human trafficking
Human Trafficking is often brought up when discussing the Calais lads and their families.

I don't get it. Sure you need a decent sized boat to launch off the Libyan coast if there is going to be even the remotest chance of survival. That's when you need someone to co-ordinate the logistics. Ditto, making it across the Sahara.

Up from Arab lands and their immediate neighbours to the east, via the Turkish / Greek route? I have my doubts.

And Calais? I can see on Google Maps at least a dozen B et Q type sheds in the immediate area. Ten francs says that they all sell RIBs, not to mention all the myriad chandlers, dotted along the coast.

You don't need a clandestine, supra-national, dark-web-connected, and highly-organised criminal enterprise to get a boat there. Just rock up with your mates and pay in cash.

I could be wrong and the whole "people smugglers" drama might actually be valid. Anyone, anyone?
Yes, maybe not an “industry”, but wherever people are desperate there is always going to be those who prey on them

By Andy McDandy
As shown in the recent drama series "Years and Years", the easiest way to make money off channel crossings is to set up in an office in a shady part of Calais, and offer your services. Ask for cash up front for the crossing, half now, half when we get to England, take documentation for "photocopying", then scarper.
US election 2020

Along with Puerto Rico.

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

It's almost as though the EU employ people to do t[…]

Labour, Generally.

Has Rayner been crossed off the Cult's Winterval C[…]

Boris Johnson

Behind the capo. Make of that what you will. […]