Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.7 % ❤ 9.8 % :thumbsup: 3.4 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 10.9 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 8.8 % 😟 47.3 % :cry: 3.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:08 pm
Our local Co-op supermarket recently closed, was re-furbished, and re-opened as a Morrison's . Much better. Always feels like you're buying good fresh gear at Morrison's.
That's not the one by t'Swan is it?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:42 pm
Say more.
Explain.
All ears.
Line 1. Employment.
Have walked out on a job where the company and I failed to bond.
Situation was causing much stress.

Line 2. Change of context to the weather.

Line 3. The stress from the job is slowly unwinding, with a great feeling of relief.
Yesterday evening I was able to blow off a series of conference cal invitations from time-wasting American collegues.
Instead I stepped outside to enjoy some good weather and fresh air with the family.

There's a longer story about what I do next to fill the gap until retirement.
At present I don't know, and won't start making plans until I have de-stressed a little.
It seems likely I won't be looking for any more jobs in IT.

By Oblomov
Morning all,

Cleared the tower fan of dust last night and now have a nice breeze going in the living room. Having various frustrations trying to coordinate people for social plans and I'm at the point where I just give up and seek hermitage in a cave in Croatia.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
1, best of luck Bones.

2, bloody hot and humid here, even more so driving around with parts deliveries and I've got the next two Saturdays off due to my being out on reduced tine. But less in the pay at the month end, but could do with a break as I've done every one since March.

Still, if anyone asks I just say "fine" as if you say " it's shit" then people ask what's up and you have to explain and I can't be arsed because I'm a lazy cunt :D
Kreuzberger liked this
Boris Johnson

All watched over by Steve out of Eastenders. […]

The Tories, Generally

As I said at the time, Sandwell, where the Torie[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Party hats, parrots and faerie folk are continuing[…]

Round the Blogs

Tremendous service, I can fully understand the rea[…]