Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 14.7 % ❤ 9.8 % :thumbsup: 3.4 % 😯 1 % :grinning: 10.9 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 8.8 % 😟 47.3 % :cry: 3.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
1. Best wishes to Bones McCoy as well.

2. Mr Angry, you can't be that lazy given the work you've been putting in over the past few months!

3. Time for a rare glimpse from the back garden of my compound...
spoonys_back_yard(1).jpg
spoonys_back_yard(1).jpg (353.14 KiB) Viewed 1329 times

By MisterMuncher
davidjay wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:41 am
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:50 pm
No, Stirchley.
Very hip. I can just picture you sporting Dali whiskers and riding an ironic unicycle to the latest pop-up craft beer bar.
I used to see a guy riding a unicycle round Belfast all the time. What confused me is that he always locked it up when he went into the shop or whatever.

Surely you'd find any potential thief head first in the gutter five yards up the road?

By MisterMuncher
Mrs Muncher will not be returning to work in a few weeks. I cannot say how relieved I am by this.

To be honest, it never should have been in doubt. Maternity and other exceptional leave should have been extended over lockdown as a matter of course. She's just spent 5 months confined to barracks with a baby and two pretty demanding older kids, with me out working for the last two. She's got as far as the shop, twice. Should she just hand all off to the grandparents (who Meabh has *barely* met) and go back to work in a school that, quite frankly, will be open in name only until Halloween at best? My arse.

Took a spin up to me mum and dad's yesterday. First I've been "home" since St Stephens Day. Well worth it, too. Small boy in particular loves his tractors, cows and such. The addition of chickens (and six fresh eggs to take home) was icing on the cake.

By Oblomov
Decided to chance meeting a pal at a pub today and I'm sorry to say it was smashing. A carefully selected venue with conscientious and understanding staff, well spaced out tables and hand sanitisers at regular intervals. This was releasing lockdown pressure done right.

Not quite sure how the tab came to over £100 though :shock:

By Malcolm Armsteen
I've passed my old camera on to Spike, so she and Fizz and parents came over for a couple of hours today for a quick training session. Quite spontaneously Fizz rushed up to give me a hug - couldn't resist that!

What worried me was that Spike learned a new camera in about 10 minutes and was in the garden making videos for TikTok...

By Kreuzberger
Oblomov wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:54 pm
Not quite sure how the tab came to over £100 though :shock:
Alcorithms?
The Red Arrow, Oblomov liked this

By The Red Arrow
So farewell to the Co-op. On this site since the thirties and going more than that extra mile for us 'villagers' right up to the end.

I was misinformed about lay-offs. My young favourite was last in, so first out. In their infinite wisdom, management stationed her at the check out for her last shift today, dishing out flyers for the new outfit opening on the site - Nisa. Typically, she smiled through it. I couldn't.

Stay safe, stay sane, groovers.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I'm sure I saw summat on the BBC webby thing about a Nisa somewhere in the W Midlands which had put up a sign to the effect "if you're wearing a face mask you can't come in"

You might want to think about spending our hard-earned tax somewhere else.

By Boiler
My local Co-op supermarket was sold and bought by Poundstretcher. The Co-op moved, was reduced in size and took on the role of a convenience store which meant it doesn't have to obey the Sunday Trading six hour rule - but it's no longer a quick walk from home any more.

Sad to say, but I still remember Mum's "divvi" number to this day.
Boris Johnson

All watched over by Steve out of Eastenders. […]

The Tories, Generally

As I said at the time, Sandwell, where the Torie[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Party hats, parrots and faerie folk are continuing[…]

Round the Blogs

Tremendous service, I can fully understand the rea[…]