Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32 % ❤ 1.9 % :thumbsup: 27.2 % 😯 7.8 % :grinning: 19.4 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 5.8 % :cry: 3.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:02 pm
Seeing which way the crowd is heading and running to the front shouting 'follow me!' - I saw something about Turd of Turd Hall himself claiming Brexit will be a disaster today.

Back to matters American, Biden got through his first event with Harris and didn't balls it up. Another measured response from Pakman -

Two things that aren’t a return to the normal. Firstly there’s no audience, whether that will give Biden and Harris an advantage I don’t know. And secondly addressing a POTUS by his surname must be unprecedented. Highly disrespectful in the US not to address a senator or mayor even by their title let alone a president. But not for Trump has he deserves no respect on any level.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 pm
Bear in mind that Americans don't necessarily anticipate something like the NHS. Even so pretty striking.

I'm sorry sir. We're all out of Universal Healthcare, would you like to try the chicken?
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Assume Mark Meadows is lying.
On December 8, 2019, Meadows claimed that Trump never asked a foreign leader to investigate a political rival,[84][85] despite a transcript of the July 25, 2019 phone call between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky where Trump asks Zelensky to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden[84] and in spite of Trump's October 3, 2019 public calling upon China to investigate Hunter Biden's business activities there while his father was vice president

By Tubby Isaacs
Couple of good polls from Texas for Trump (and Senator Cornyn), both ahead by 7 points.

Each of those should win, but the Democrats would be disappointed not to get a fair bit closer than that. And Texas has had eminently avoidable second wave Covid problems, so it's surprising. But not much from elsewhere to encourage Team Trump.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Watching a clip of the talking head format at the Democrat Party conference. Will it be a more effective way of communicating to voters without the energy and razamattaz of the crowd? I like it better but I’m a political nerd so I don’t count.

Bernie Sanders and Michelle Obama were in the clips I saw and both on top form looking straight at you. Felt more intimate.
Boris Johnson

No comment needed... https://twitter.com/DavidGau[…]

Meanwhile in America

Sad news. Didn't the Repubs prevent Obama appoi[…]

Michael Gove

https://twitter.com/room808/status/130687105930039[…]

The Tories, Generally

I'm reminded of a passage in one of the Flashman b[…]