•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Please please PLEASE can they talk to Labour and come up with some sort of plan to work together to get Bozo and his chums out? No refusal to talk, no grandstanding to be PM, just fucking TALK.
Arrowhead, oboogie liked this
I've voted lib dem since 2010, pretty much tactically/default as I'm in a safe Tory seat (Tatton- Esther Mc sodding Vey) rather than any commitment to them as a party

By Malcolm Armsteen
Clegg said his sympathies were with the Tories. He, and the other 'economic liberals' never entertained a coalition with Brown. Davey seems to be the same, well he would be, he was one of them in 2010.

Bad move by the Libs.

By Tubby Isaacs
Clegg can do all the post hoc rationalization he likes. The fact remains that the line was to talk to try and form a government with whoever got the most seats, in 2010 and 2015.. And the strong implication in 2019 was that getting rid of Corbyn would have unlocked a deal.

Davey is an Economist-style markets guy, but people like that can reach progressive ends. The last two manifestos have been quite progressive on tax and spend. 2019 had a bigger increase in spending promised than all the Ashdown and Kennedy manifestos put together.
oboogie liked this

By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:10 pm
He's an Orange Booker, FFS. His natural home is the Conservative Party and would be, but for their Euroscepticism. Like Clegg.
The only useful thing they can contribute (my opionon, it's OK to difer).

Drift orange-book right.
Blot up the votes of sane conservative voters who've tired of the Johnson/Cumings bullshit, but wouldn't cross full-over.
Arrowhead liked this

By bluebellnutter
To clarify on my earlier post I wasn't thinking so much about a coalition as just not spending the whole next election campaign lamping each other round the head every five minutes. And maybe, just maybe, thinking a bit strategically if there's a likelihood only one party has a chance in a certain area / constituency.
phil1979, Arrowhead liked this

By davidjay
As I see it, the Lib Dems problem isn't so much the coalition hangover now as the fact that they've lost their role as the natural party of protest to the Greens/PC/SNP on one side and whatever Farage comes up with next (I know, but the electorate aren't necessarily the brightest) on the other.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
The Lib Dems are really a protest and/or tactical vote. I think they take votes from Labour rather than the Tories, either pissed off Labour voters when Labour are in power, or Labour voters in a safe Tory seat, which is my reason for voting for them
Owen Jones

Some of them probably had memories of the elected […]

The Tories, Generally

This is an area where the Tories - by schmoozing a[…]

Michael Gove

I presume Johnson was too busy writing begging l[…]

Boris Johnson

Couldn't lipsync then, either. Van, or Boris[…]