Topics about News International
:sunglasses: 64.5 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 12 % 😯 0.5 % :grinning: 15.5 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 1 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:44 am
Foot in both camps here. Don't like Extinction Rebellion, think they're a Trojan horse for hard left extremists, but, on the other hand, disrupting supplies of the Scum/Express/Heil....got to congratulate them.

Your enemies enemy and all that
Not much of a fan either.
I consider them the sort of twats who make big gestures that inconvenience and alienate normal folk.
This time I think they've selected their target more wisely.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
It's a complicated issue on the one had I have a low opinion of XR viewing them as middle class wankers at best utter twats at wrost. I have no love for any of these papers either and they have all done a piss poor job of covering climate change.

Timing is everything XR.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Extrapolating from the S*n 'readers' I know, I'd say the average 'reader' couldn't give two hoots about articles on climate change, no matter who they're written by. The damege done by denying them the opportunity to ignore an article on climate change is more than compensated by denying them the opportunity to read the vile, putrid, hate-filled shite that makes up the "news* in that disgusting rag.

I'd say, on balance, it's a win for Extinction Rebellion.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:57 pm
Extrapolating from the S*n 'readers' I know, I'd say the average 'reader' couldn't give two hoots about articles on climate change, no matter who they're written by. The damege done by denying them the opportunity to ignore an article on climate change is more than compensated by denying them the opportunity to read the vile, putrid, hate-filled shite that makes up the "news* in that disgusting rag.

Yeah a day without the s*n isn't going to cause it's readers to suddenly became born again left-wingers.

By Bones McCoy
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:57 pm

I certainly don't detect an upswell of popular sympathy for the Sun and co.

Sure some crocodile tears from the usual tame politicos and activist journos.
Not much backlash from white van heroes and the like.

By Andy McDandy
Their reaction to a column by Attenborough would be to bask in a moment of righteousness and promptly forget it. "I've done my bit", then throw another mattress in the lay-by.
Meanwhile in America

Sad news. Didn't the Repubs prevent Obama appoi[…]

Boris Johnson

No comment needed... https://twitter.com/DavidGau[…]

Michael Gove

https://twitter.com/room808/status/130687105930039[…]

The Tories, Generally

I'm reminded of a passage in one of the Flashman b[…]