Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.4 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 9.1 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 25.1 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 4.1 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andrew Rawnsley goes for the throat:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... fJnJhH0bds
The expression on the face of Number 10 is that of a man who never looks where he is going and is then constantly surprised to find that he has stepped in dog excrement. There is an ever lengthening list of things that they could be reasonably expected to have anticipated and yet didn’t. They did not foresee that using an algorithm to depress the A-level grades of thousands of young people would distress them and dismay their parents. They did not foresee that a campaign fronted by an eloquent football star to extend the provision of free school meals would strike a chord with the public. They did not foresee that applying a surcharge to foreign-born workers staffing the NHS would cause a massive backlash.

Multiple debacles, rebellions and reverses have even some of those who were once Boris Johnson’s most fervent cheerleaders in despair. This persistent blundering has flowed from a fundamental inability to read the public mood or get on top of events. Throughout the coronavirus crisis, the government has been constantly behind the curve.
oboogie liked this

By Bones McCoy
Top trolling Vicars!

he Prime Minister, the Rt Hon Boris Johnson MP, reads from Philippians 2:
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves.
Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others.

By Boiler
I've just been exchanging text messages with my mate, whose holiday in Paris comes to an end tonight.

He tells me our friends in the hotel and locals he's spoken to all feel pity for what the UK has become under Johnson and disdain for its behaviour.
By satnav
When I saw pictures of Johnson turning up at Westminster Abbey on his own today I started to wonder if the story about him not being able to afford a nanny is just a convenient cover story to explain away why Carrie is not seen by his side so often these days.
The Tories, Generally

As someone said on there, paraphrased - the worst[…]

US election 2020

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1319672735035[…]

Priti Patel

Oh my God. It's a rather high profile case, at a r[…]

Peter Hitchens

And extremely intelligent, and a critical thinker.