Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 44.4 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 13.4 % 😯 4.9 % :grinning: 24.1 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 2.2 % 😟 0.8 % :cry: 6 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:12 pm
An actual Tory MP.

I know I'm straying into shaky territory here but that her Twitter bio states that she's a parent and a dog lover, and nothing more, is rather telling.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:27 pm

I know I'm straying into shaky territory here but that her Twitter bio states that she's a parent and a dog lover, and nothing more, is rather telling.
It is. Like she thinks the rest of the nonsense isn't worth commenting upon. Surprised she doesn't say "common sense".

By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:34 pm
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:27 pm

It is. Like she thinks the rest of the nonsense isn't worth commenting upon. Surprised she doesn't say "common sense".
Speaking as a Muvva - come to Westminister.
Tubby Isaacs, Oblomov liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Wiki wrote:Jenkyns was born in Beverley, Humberside. After leaving school at 16, Jenkyns secured employment at Greggs bakery as her first job. When 18, Jenkyns father sent her photo off to a beauty pageant and she got into the final for Miss UK. Over the subsequent years Jenkyns changed employment a number of times, performing a number of different roles at different businesses. Her employment history has included being a music tutor in a secondary school and an executive with a management training company.[citation needed] In her late-thirties Jenkyns started to study a degree in International Relations and Politics from the University of Lincoln and a diploma in Economics from the Open University, which she gained when in her forties.
Another George Smith.

By spoonman
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:23 pm
"Pro Trump" is the best bit. Is that a reaction to Biden slapping down Johnson, or is she angling for Fox News style fame?
"Pro Trump" also means supporting "America First" over, oh I dunno, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - so the question thrown back at her is where do her actual loyalties lie if she is (a) not trolling or (b) not that fucking stupid?

She is ironically proving O'Brien right in what he asserts.

By Tubby Isaacs
In her late-thirties Jenkyns started to study a degree in International Relations and Politics from the University of Lincoln
Has she told her fellow straight-talking Brexiters? Sounds a bit "ALL MUST HAVE PRIZES MICKEY MOUSE DEGREE". Surely she should have become a nurse so we don't need to "import" them.

By Tubby Isaacs
spoonman wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:23 pm
"Pro Trump" is the best bit. Is that a reaction to Biden slapping down Johnson, or is she angling for Fox News style fame?
"Pro Trump" also means supporting "America First" over, oh I dunno, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - so the question thrown back at her is where do her actual loyalties lie if she is (a) not trolling or (b) not that fucking stupid?

She is ironically proving O'Brien right in what he asserts.
Yeah, she landed a devastating headbutt on O'Brien's right fist there.

By Tubby Isaacs
Ben Bradley is possibly the only MP as bad as Andrea Jenkyns. Here's his CV.
He was privately educated at Derby Grammar School, a selective independent school in Littleover in Derbyshire. He briefly attended the University of Bath and the University of Salford, but did not complete his undergraduate studies at either. On returning to the East Midlands, he worked in a variety of jobs including as a landscape gardener, bartender and a supermarket shelf stacker. He subsequently attended Nottingham Trent University where he studied politics, graduating in 2013 with a first-class degree. After leaving university he worked for four months as a recruitment consultant, before becoming campaign manager and later constituency office manager for Mark Spencer, Conservative MP for Sherwood.
Not quite "got myself a trade and learned about the real world", is it? That's pretty much as "professional politician" as it gets. One suspects it's other people (and their kids) who shouldn't go to university. I'm amazed he got a first in politics, the tosh he talks.

By Bones McCoy
I took my 6-weekly dive into ConservativeHome (so you don't have to).

I can report that they're not particularly keen on the current incarnation of funtime Boris.

However, you know what they really hate:
GOVERNMENT SCIENTISTS WITH THEIR WOKE ANTI-BUSINESS AGENDA!!

They are utterly bewildered by a profession that operates according to standards, methods and ethics.
Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

People who don't understand the difference between[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8861437[…]

These are tactics to bail out a friend. Johnson is[…]

Shaun Bailey

To be fair, even Bailey himself has said this is o[…]