Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 56.3 % ❤ 1.1 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % 😯 2.6 % :grinning: 19.8 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think they might be making reference to what the Trots insisted on calling "the chicken coup". Starmer was one of the MPs who voted no confidence in Grandpa in 2016. But there were 171 others.

After that though, as Malc says, Starmer was scrupulously loyal to Corbyn, at any rate in public.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:47 pm
I think they might be making reference to what the Trots insisted on calling "the chicken coup". Starmer was one of the MPs who voted no confidence in Grandpa in 2016. But there were 171 others.

After that though, as Malc says, Starmer was scrupulously loyal to Corbyn, at any rate in public.
Starmer stepping up and showing total loyalty to Jez to position himself for the crown, sounded like the only plan to stop the party dying. A long shot that worked.

By Abernathy
Hmmm. I dare say that the dramatic background music is necessary to give the speech a bit of atmosphere in the absence of an enthusiastic audience, but I'm really not mad about it.

Great little speech, though.

By Tubby Isaacs
They don't understand (or maybe pretend they don't understand) the difference between the popularity of individual policies and popularity of sticking dozens of such policies together. Free broadband became a sort of laughing stock ("why not chuck in a free gold elephant? etc) but it could have maybe worked among a far smaller "suite" of policies. I think there was a fair bit of excitement about it when it was first announced, wasn't there?

By Abernathy
Well, the truth is that even if people did actually like some of the individual policies, and there is some evidence that some of the policies were quite popular, Labour as led by Corbyn was simply not trusted to deliver any of them.

You'll never get Lavery to admit that, though.
By mattomac
Kerry attracts them, then again she is one of them.

But yeah I’m not massively in favour of wrapping the flag around yourself but this was delivered well, Starmer wasn’t saying be proud of your country, he was saying let’s work together to make it something to be proud of.
The Tories, Generally

No it isn't. It's his job and duty to do those thi[…]

Meanwhile in America

Mitch McConnell will go down as one of the greates[…]

Boris Johnson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-546[…]

Labour, Generally.

That's the busiest part of the existing networ[…]