Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 43.9 % ❤ 2.7 % :thumbsup: 13.3 % 😯 5.1 % :grinning: 24.2 % 🧥 1.6 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.8 % :cry: 5.9 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:06 pm
Ben Bradley is possibly the only MP as bad as Andrea Jenkyns. Here's his CV.
He was privately educated at Derby Grammar School, a selective independent school in Littleover in Derbyshire. He briefly attended the University of Bath and the University of Salford, but did not complete his undergraduate studies at either. On returning to the East Midlands, he worked in a variety of jobs including as a landscape gardener, bartender and a supermarket shelf stacker. He subsequently attended Nottingham Trent University where he studied politics, graduating in 2013 with a first-class degree. After leaving university he worked for four months as a recruitment consultant, before becoming campaign manager and later constituency office manager for Mark Spencer, Conservative MP for Sherwood.
Not quite "got myself a trade and learned about the real world", is it? That's pretty much as "professional politician" as it gets. One suspects it's other people (and their kids) who shouldn't go to university. I'm amazed he got a first in politics, the tosh he talks.
Also I assume someone funded at least one year of his degree, unless he quit within days of starting one of the others.

By Oblomov
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Ben Bradley is possibly the only MP as bad as Andrea Jenkyns. Here's his CV.
He was privately educated at Derby Grammar School, a selective independent school in Littleover in Derbyshire. He briefly attended the University of Bath and the University of Salford, but did not complete his undergraduate studies at either. On returning to the East Midlands, he worked in a variety of jobs including as a landscape gardener, bartender and a supermarket shelf stacker. He subsequently attended Nottingham Trent University where he studied politics, graduating in 2013 with a first-class degree. After leaving university he worked for four months as a recruitment consultant, before becoming campaign manager and later constituency office manager for Mark Spencer, Conservative MP for Sherwood.
Not quite "got myself a trade and learned about the real world", is it? That's pretty much as "professional politician" as it gets. One suspects it's other people (and their kids) who shouldn't go to university. I'm amazed he got a first in politics, the tosh he talks.
I assume he went to Bath first and promptly quit because their course actually requires academic ability and rigour (in other words, hard work) and went to Salford afterwards because he thought "shit uni, undergrad degree will be a piece of piss)?

Very strange to go from a university of prestige and pedigree to two former polytechnics (not that there's anything inherently wrong with polytechnics but the reputation of your alma mater has more importance than it should in the job market).

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:33 pm

This is all over the place.

Starmer wouldn't be "breaking up the union". That would be Scots, and it's not Keynsian Remainer Starmer they're trying to get away from. Corbyn wasn't in favour of Indyref 2 anyway. Nor is that a "leftwing" policy.
Throwing turds at dart boards (Inaccurate, scattered and don’t stick). A dangerous Marxist according to the ridiculous Andrew Pierce

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Ben Bradley is possibly the only MP as bad as Andrea Jenkyns.
More pro tRump bollocks, with a dash of racist dog whistling thrown in - still, Ha!Ha!Ha! That's sticking it to the lefties, innit?
Yeah, he's not a fan of black women, hilarious.
Trying to put my finger on what you don't like about mixed race Meghan Markle, Benji?

By Oblomov
davidjay wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Tory Boy says he's a mad Marxist and the mad Marxists are saying he's a Tory. It sounds to me like he's doing well.
I'd love to sit them down in a room together and watch them scream baseless accusations at each other. It'd be like that bit in the Alex Jones documentary where he meets another conspiracy loon outside a supposed Bilderberg meeting and they end up shouting "NO, YOU WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT!" at each other.
The Tories, Generally

As someone said on there, paraphrased - the worst[…]

US election 2020

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1319672735035[…]

Priti Patel

Oh my God. It's a rather high profile case, at a r[…]

Peter Hitchens

And extremely intelligent, and a critical thinker.