Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 41.8 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % 😯 3.7 % :grinning: 36.3 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Study finds strong support for soft Brexit. but opposition to it among Brexiters.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2020/09/ ... ters-dont/

Only published today, but already a bunch of Kippers have shown up in the comments.

This is my fave.
Freeborn John
September 22, 2020 at 3:14 pm
The fallacy in this article is that Leave won, twice, and don’t need to accommodate the preference of Remain voters. Remain voters and MPs certainly did not respect the views of Leave voters in the last parliament and would undoubtedly have reversed brexit completely had they won the 2019 general election.
"Undoubtedly" is a strange word for a scenario that would have required Jo Swinson to win about 330 seats.

By Andy McDandy
....and presumably similar zones at Felixstowe, Immingham, Tynemouth, Southampton, Poole, Heysham, Liverpool, Milford Haven etc? Or is this more posturing that will do nothing to solve the problem, but will play well to some demographics by hitting "bloody French" notes?
mattomac liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:26 pm
....and presumably similar zones at Felixstowe, Immingham, Tynemouth, Southampton, Poole, Heysham, Liverpool, Milford Haven etc? Or is this more posturing that will do nothing to solve the problem, but will play well to some demographics by hitting "bloody French" notes?
It's not impossible they're going to do a deal, having established themselves as "batting for Britain". I wouldn't think customs men at Dartford (or wherever it is) plays particularly well, but the point might be to show that they aint bluffing.

By Kreuzberger
"Just because we don't like Pavel speaking Polish in Saffron Walden" latest.

* You need a permit to move house from Tunbridge Wells to Beakesbourne.
* Producers need internal clearance to deliver Stilton to Canterbury but lactose intolerant Yokohama should be a breeze.
* Dover is on the other side of a two-day lorry park.
* What insulin?

When JO'B talked about a nation declaring sanction on itself, I, for one, thought it was a touch dramatic. It wasn't.

By Boiler
Personally I'm looking forward to the Cheshire and Sunderland Brexiters on another forum I read saying this is just typical of doom-mongering and panicky Remoaners and if only they would just have a bit of optimism, they'll see that everything is going to be all right; "this is Project Fear 3.0"

By Kreuzberger
They'll need a track and trace for borders within the month. There is little to suggest that that will be a roaring success either.

Everything is theatrics, maaan.

Shaun Bailey

I think Bailey might be spending more time talking[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

It just pisses me off that even when Corbyn is doi[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8861437[…]