Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 41.8 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % 😯 3.7 % :grinning: 36.3 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
A quick look at Google Street View shows the Welcome to Kent sign on the M25 (Well, the A282 strictly speaking) a matter of yards after the QE2 bridge, and just before the slip road for junction 1.

So you're going to put checkpoints there, are you? Best of luck.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
A big "Well done" to all the fuckwits who voted to take back control. A special "Very well done indeed" to all those fuckwitted "expats" who voted for this to happen.
.My bank is shutting my account because of Brexit'

"I was shocked to receive a notification saying that my bank account is going to be closed in two months," says Sharon Clarke, a Briton who has been living in the Netherlands for 20 years and who banks with Lloyds.

"They said that unless I provide a UK address, my account will be closed and I'll have to cut up my card."

She is one of thousands of British expats living in the EU who are being told their bank accounts will be closed because of Brexit...

...Experts say it is because lenders will lose their EU banking licences, making operating in some countries too costly...

I feel sorry for all the poor sods who've been put in this situation* by a bunch of fucking stupid Little Englanders who are plainly far too stupid to be allowed anywhere near a ballot box.

* But not for the "expats" who voted "Leave" in 2016 - *they can take what's coming and like it. It's what they voted for, after all.

By Bones McCoy
KevS wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:43 pm
Let's say you're driving a truck from Tilbury Docks to say, Gatwick. You'd go A13, Dartford Crossing, M25, M23.

The problem is that on the M25 between the Thames and about Clacket Lane services, you're in Kent. Do you still need a permit even though you're just passing through it? Or are you expected to go the long way round the M25 or even (shudder) the South Circular?
A list of government ministers who give a flying flamingo about trick drivers:

That's all.

By Bones McCoy
KevS wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:38 pm
A quick look at Google Street View shows the Welcome to Kent sign on the M25 (Well, the A282 strictly speaking) a matter of yards after the QE2 bridge, and just before the slip road for junction 1.

So you're going to put checkpoints there, are you? Best of luck.
Takes me back to the days of having to queue up to pay for the Dartford Tunnel.

By Bones McCoy
Cyclist wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:17 pm
A big "Well done" to all the fuckwits who voted to take back control. A special "Very well done indeed" to all those fuckwitted "expats" who voted for this to happen.

"I was shocked to receive a notification saying that my bank account is going to be closed in two months," says Sharon Clarke, a Briton who has been living in the Netherlands for 20 years and who banks with Lloyds.

"They said that unless I provide a UK address, my account will be closed and I'll have to cut up my card."

She is one of thousands of British expats living in the EU who are being told their bank accounts will be closed because of Brexit...

...Experts say it is because lenders will lose their EU banking licences, making operating in some countries too costly...

I feel sorry for all the poor sods who've been put in this situation* by a bunch of fucking stupid Little Englanders who are plainly far too stupid to be allowed anywhere near a ballot box.

* But not for the "expats" who voted "Leave" in 2016 - *they can take what's coming and like it. It's what they voted for, after all.
If I'd been there for 20 years I'd have opened a local account and started working in Euros.
Rather than seeing my Pounds dwindle.

By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:24 pm
Cyclist wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:17 pm

If I'd been there for 20 years I'd have opened a local account and started working in Euros.
Rather than seeing my Pounds dwindle.
She very likely does, and keeps a British account open for when she's over her.

By oboogie
From what Gove was burbling on the news, it's as much about stopping UK lorries rocking up to Dover without the relevant paperwork. To ease congestion at the port, his plan is to smear the mess around a bit.
Like a slug.

This means that all lorries entering Kent will need checking, including ones which have no intention of going anywhere near Dover - let alone France - but are merely making a delivery somewhere in the county.
Kreuzberger liked this

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
I see leading Brexiteer Jim Ratcliffe is off to tax-free Monaco with his £17b, so he can avoid paying £4b in tax......so that's a few new hospitals fucked, as well as him not building his "new Landrover" here

God I wish I was a real patriot

Everything is theatrics, maaan.

Shaun Bailey

I think Bailey might be spending more time talking[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

It just pisses me off that even when Corbyn is doi[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8861437[…]