Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 59.8 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 6.2 % 😯 2.4 % :grinning: 22.2 % 🧥 0.9 % 🙏 2.7 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
An analysis of two recent books describing the utter train wreck that was the Corbyn Project by the estimable Stephen Bush:

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/bo ... QY2LuTJ6qQ
Corbyn’s prize was the Labour Party itself. Within less than a year of the 2017 election, he had secured changes to the selection of MPs, the election of his preferred candidate as party general secretary, and the public obeisance of many of his former enemies. He came within touching distance of Downing Street in 2017, so imagine how he would fare in complete control of Labour.

The answer, it turned out, was “worse”.

By Boiler
Obs me old mate, it'd be nice if you could quote just a little bit of what the link contains so folk know what they're going to click/tap upon?

However... let's see if either he or Stanley Johnson get fined. George "Useless" Eustice says it's up to the police.

From the BTL comments:
Screenshot_2020-10-01 Corbyn apologises for breaching 'rule of six' at dinner party for nine.png
Screenshot_2020-10-01 Corbyn apologises for breaching 'rule of six' at dinner party for nine.png (7.97 KiB) Viewed 410 times
Thing is, they can't do it. Corbyn deserves a fine. So does Johnson's dad. But they can't do it because they let off Cummings and Jenrick. If they do Corbyn and Johnson Sr then they lack consistency and will reawaken claims Cummings needs to be punished - and it also means they can't let off the next one of them who messes up. If they just do Corbyn then there'll be uproar about one rule for them.

Johnson has painted himself into a corner where he can't get one over on Labour without also having to punish his Dad and his SPAD, or he has to let everyone off again and then pay the price for sloppy mixed messaging.
Boiler, Andy McDandy, Samanfur and 4 others liked this

By Oblomov
Boiler wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:24 am

Obs me old mate, it'd be nice if you could quote just a little bit of what the link contains so folk know what they're going to click/tap upon?

Apologies, I erroneously thought the forum displayed the link like it does with embedded tweets.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:45 am
Thing is, they can't do it. Corbyn deserves a fine. So does Johnson's dad. But they can't do it because they let off Cummings and Jenrick. If they do Corbyn and Johnson Sr then they lack consistency and will reawaken claims Cummings needs to be punished - and it also means they can't let off the next one of them who messes up. If they just do Corbyn then there'll be uproar about one rule for them.

Johnson has painted himself into a corner where he can't get one over on Labour without also having to punish his Dad and his SPAD, or he has to let everyone off again and then pay the price for sloppy mixed messaging.
Thing is though, the opposite is also true. Johnson senior breaking the rules would normally be all over sites the The Canary etc.

But they'd rather give him a free pass than have to condemn JC out of consistency.

By Oblomov
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:45 am

My pessimistic side thinks Rambozza The Clown will stick the boot in anyway, because he has an 80 seat majority so "ya boo sucks to the lefties" and his mates in the press will spin it as Stan going for an everyday necessity (pint o' milk and in and out in a couple of minutes) vs Jezbollah and his commie cabal no doubt in prolonged and deep conversation about Marxist machinations to topple the country or summat.
visage wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:18 pm
Thing is though, the opposite is also true. Johnson senior breaking the rules would normally be all over sites the The Canary etc.

But they'd rather give him a free pass than have to condemn JC out of consistency.
I'm surprised they haven't found an out for him yet, and claimed the extra people turning up were part of a Blairite plot.
Because it’s not for him to avoid traps. It’s for everyone else to learn not to set them out of respect for his life-long commitment to blah blah blah.

See also: the electorate need to change to recognise the benefits of our policies, Jewish people need to change to accept we’re not antisemitic, MPs who have a difference of opinion need to accept they are inevitably in the wrong and never speak up and so on.

Story of his life - always someone else’s fault.

Everything is theatrics, maaan.

Shaun Bailey

I think Bailey might be spending more time talking[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

It just pisses me off that even when Corbyn is doi[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8861437[…]