•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
AOB wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 am
Did Oborne not get on with Dacre when he wrote for the Mail? Or fall out?
I don't know of any spat that's out in the open but I could easily see them having a clash of personalities (well, Dacre probably has a clash of personalities with everyone but I don't see Oborne needing to cower and wimper in front of Dacre to keep his job).

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I recall that Oborne, while being right wing, objected to the decline in journalistic standards and the lazy reprinting of CCHQ press releases as fact.

By oboogie
youngian wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:36 am
How many voters know who Dacre is or what Ofcom does? Oborne might be right about distraction techniques but what a feeble shot that is by the beleaguered government.
You're probably right that most voters don't know or care who Dacre or Moore are. However the media all know them. The story seems to have made many of the papers and the TV news broadcasts.

By Samanfur
And as Mr. Fenton said, the people reading the articles in the papers will probably believe that OFCOM does what the journalists say it does. Which either placates the gammonati into thinking that they'll get more sway than they will, or whips up manufactured outrage about powers that OFCOM hasn't got.

By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:36 pm
No gong for him again... :lol: But Ks for Tommy Steele and David Suchet and an MBE for Marcus Rashford.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/iss ... plement/B1
MBE Marcus will have the Gammon on full roast.
Twat of the Day

Took a look, and almost immediately saw a forged t[…]

Poppy Day bingo

Complete with wrong colours on the Spit. :roll: […]

Nicola Sturgeon sounding like Michael Gove on Brex[…]

On the Radio

R4’s Across the Red line asks whether impart[…]