•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Apologies if he's being debated elsewhere, but this is interesting.

I'm not sure how to look at it. On the one hand it's good that bigotry is being held to account, on the other it's creating a martyr, feeding into the leftie Marxist establishment mindset and there's also the feeling that what's used against them now will be used against us next.
oboogie liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Bad thing, I think. Seems to be zero chance that he'll be convicted of a criminal offence. The Police have to investigate complaints and often cop a load of unfair rubbish for it. "Police investigating <insert something silly>" basically means "somebody complained and it's sitting on a desk somewhere because they've got more important stuff to be getting on with". But as David Allen Greens says, investigation here should have involved somebody watching the video and deciding no further action.

By oboogie
Picking fights you're going to lose may be noble and the right thing to do, but it achieves nothing and can be self-defeating.
Ultimately the only way to beat cunts like Grimes is to destroy their arguments and take away their audience. That's an endless and tedious process, but martyring them and setting dangerous precedents isn't going to get the job done because the next Grimes is watching, waiting and planning as we speak.
spoonman liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Yep. I know we can worry too much about "backlashes" sometimes, but there really is a problem here. Culture wars have to be fought cleverly (I know it's not the role of the Police to fight culture wars, but you get the point). Some years ago, a "family campaigner", Lynette Burrows, was "spoken to by Police" about something she said on TV/radio (I forget which). I don't know what that involved- it could have been genuinely explaining the law for her own benefit. The Police must do this all the time when neighbours fall out or whatever and they maybe thought it was a nice light touch way of heading off problems before they happened. But the reactionary right got tons of mileage out of it.

Left/ Liberal/ Legal Twitter seems to have moved quickly to shut this down. We don't have to go as far as seventies civil libertarians did in defending the National Front, but I think they're right.
US election 2020

I am genuinely concerned that someone will try a[…]

The Tories, Generally

The thing is that most people only get simple mess[…]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/PeterStefanovi2/status/1331572[…]

There's no vitriol like that of a royalist towards[…]