Discussion of other UK political parties
:sunglasses: 33 % ❤ 11.3 % :thumbsup: 2.6 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 43.5 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 2.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:35 am
Not really, he was permanently paraplegic. But he maintained dignity, and didn't use it for sympathy. He also had the support of Eleanor, who was just as intelligent and forward thinking as he was.
That's beating it in my book. Hell, even as a pseudo-right wing Asshole, Dennis Leary* could recognise that he was the last real "macho" president, who could live with that disability, look it in the eye and say "fuck you". Nothing to fear but fear itself is a hell of an attitude. Compare to the intense fragility at the root of Trumpism.

*It's genuinely hard to tell how serious Leary was in the like of "No Cure For Cancer". My thought is that it's mostly satirical and he's probably not a bad bloke.

By crabcakes_windermere
I've noticed Farage's Trump fawning has gone into overdrive the last week or so. I suppose with Patel being even more than a shit than he is, Lawrence Fox being a younger, more attractive version of him sewing up the political grift market, and brexit rapidly approaching the stage when everyone who was for it has to back away or risk taking responsibility, an escape to Fox in the US must be tempting.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:31 am
I've made a post about FDR over on the Trump thread.
I've just read it and it's excellent. FDR is one of my heroes.

By Bones McCoy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:57 pm
Bask in the glow of the fires you lit, Nige...don't get too close to the flames, now - that cheap suit and the alcohol fumes might go up.
That would be a ... pity.

By cycloon
MisterMuncher wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:08 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:35 am
Not really, he was permanently paraplegic. But he maintained dignity, and didn't use it for sympathy. He also had the support of Eleanor, who was just as intelligent and forward thinking as he was.
That's beating it in my book. Hell, even as a pseudo-right wing Asshole, Dennis Leary* could recognise that he was the last real "macho" president, who could live with that disability, look it in the eye and say "fuck you". Nothing to fear but fear itself is a hell of an attitude. Compare to the intense fragility at the root of Trumpism.
It's a fairly common observation but it's so striking I feel it bears repeating: at the heart of all this macho bullshit from Trump, Tories et al is a basic fundamental fear that utterly possesses either them or their followers, whom they exploit endlessly.

'The world is complicated'.
The Tories, Generally

As someone on here said about the presidential ele[…]

Labour, Generally.

They could do with getting that Brexit deal signe[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Lord Moron is right. We weren't alone in 1940. We […]

US election 2020

I can’t decide if this is Putin notifying Tr[…]