Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 57.7 % ❤ 15.3 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 0.4 % :grinning: 10 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 4.3 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 1.1 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Today's pop culture reference is a Clash album track from 1979. I hope the ghost of Joe Strummer rises specifically to give Littlejohn a kick in the bollocks.
By The Rationalist
Membership Days
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:23 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... pdown.html

A confused rant about London and the perils of putting one of them in charge.
He is a mendacious and poisonous little twat. TFL is being told to raise fares by the government or they will won't get a bail out!

Most of his Northern wall readers are probably loving London suffering. Went into the office near St Pauls for the first time since March. The quietness was freaky!

By Boiler
The Rationalist wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:45 am
Went into the office near St Pauls for the first time since March. The quietness was freaky!
The trunk roads into London are very quiet too - my journey into M25-land is almost like a Saturday now, every day.

By Oblomov
The Rationalist wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:45 am
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:23 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... pdown.html

A confused rant about London and the perils of putting one of them in charge.
He is a mendacious and poisonous little twat. TFL is being told to raise fares by the government or they will won't get a bail out!

Most of his Northern wall readers are probably loving London suffering. Went into the office near St Pauls for the first time since March. The quietness was freaky!
I'm still yet to go back in, am eyeing up the first week of November because it'll be a one year anniversary since I started at my current place.

I hope my favourite sarnie shop is still going :(

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
So no one from, say, Tottenham, in the north-east, is going to bother driving to Twickenham, in the south-west, for dinner — especially as the restaurant in which they were planning to eat will probably have gone out of business by the time they get there, several hours later.

Where I live, in North London, it’s quicker to drive to Birmingham than Bromley. In fact, I’m much nearer to Hertfordshire than the neighbouring London borough of Haringey.

And there’s another anomaly. While my manor is covered by London’s blanket clampdown, there are no such restrictions in Hertfordshire, ten minutes up the road, across the M25.

You don’t live in Tottenham or even on this continent. Neither is Birmingham quicker than Bromley even from the edge of Barnet. Which I seem to recall he claimed to live in last month. And even characters from a Guy Richie film no longer live in ‘my manor.’

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He doesn't quite seem to have grasped the concept of hard borders between places either-he's there whinging about how Hertfordshire is ten minutes up the road and under different rules, but other people have it far worse than that.

This is a Google Street View shot of the wonderfully named village of Tosside. However, it gets interesting depending which way you turn here. Turn left and you're in Lancashire, plague pit of the north, bring out your dead etc etc etc. Turn right, and you're in North Yorkshire, not under any major lockdown, the populace licking lamp posts, kissing policemen, and gambolling away in meadows. Now that's awkward. The pub is in Lancashire, the community centre is in North Yorkshire.

There's always going to be people near borders Dickie, that's called life.
spoonman liked this
Twat of the Day

Apple woman was a bit too obvious, so here's toda[…]

Poppy Day bingo

Complete with wrong colours on the Spit. :roll: […]

Nicola Sturgeon sounding like Michael Gove on Brex[…]

On the Radio

R4’s Across the Red line asks whether impart[…]