Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 45.2 % ❤ 2.6 % :thumbsup: 12.9 % 😯 4.9 % :grinning: 23.9 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.8 % :cry: 5.7 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:35 am
Mandatory grovelling for a taxpayer-funded lifeline. They really are extraordinarily petty, pathetic bastards.

Remember when the corrupt EU forced fund recipients to tag its sign?
Back then that was considered a bad thing.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Welsh Tories.

Drakeford's made it clear enough he's considering a "circuit breaker" lockdown. He's been in touch with various senior public sector people about it. One discussion has leaked.

Leaks are of course not unknown in politics. Sometimes they come from governments, but hard to see what good Drakeford would get out of this leak. But cue Andrew RT Davies, who has heard Lindsay Hoyle telling Boris Johnson's government off and fancies a bit of that. There hasn't been an "announcement", what on earth is he on about?

By Tubby Isaacs
Look at these charmers. "Won't you think of our people?" say MPs from areas with not much Covid to Andy Burnham and Keir Starmer. They kindly offer hopes and prayers to Manchester. The words "We will bollock Boris Johnson till he compensates the area properly" don't figure.

By Andy McDandy
Take this with as much salt as possible, but a friend of mine has a friend, who recently was working at Windsor castle fixing IT issues. He said that he overheard two unmistakable voices, both of people in their 90s, saying:

Him: "What on Earth are we going to do about Johnson?"
Her: "Red meat. The gout will finish him off soon enough."

By Tubby Isaacs
More incomprehensible stuff from Andrew RT Davies.

Plaid Cymru support national lockdown and accordingly vote against a local lockdown in Bangor. How is this "pork barrel politics"? Anyone? And how is that "not in my backyard"?

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:40 pm
Ooh, he's another tough one.

It's almost like England is over 6 times larger than Wales or something. Did he actually say the Welsh lockdown was wrong? I think I'd have read about it if he had.
Should've stuck to writing Doctor Who.
The Tories, Generally

No it isn't. It's his job and duty to do those thi[…]

Meanwhile in America

Mitch McConnell will go down as one of the greates[…]

Boris Johnson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-546[…]

Labour, Generally.

That's the busiest part of the existing networ[…]