Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 72.7 % ❤ 1.7 % :thumbsup: 8.3 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 9.9 % 🧥 0.8 % 🙏 0.8 % 😟 0.8 % :cry: 0.8 % :shit: 2.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Karie Murphy engages in gaslighting

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... rie-murphy
In the coming weeks, we can expect to hear more about the handling of antisemitism complaints in the Labour party. That’s because the investigation by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), launched last year, is due to be
published.

Dealing with the EHRC, and getting input into the investigation process, has not always been easy. So, as someone who was at the centre of dealing with these issues, in parliament and at Labour HQ, I want to set the record straight. Under Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership, antisemites were removed from the Labour party more quickly, transparently and effectively than ever before.

As his former chief of staff, I’m proud of that record. It wasn’t easy to deliver – not because Jeremy and our team weren’t absolutely committed to protecting Jewish members and communities. Far from it. Every action we took was aimed at creating a process that got antisemites out of the Labour party swiftly and fairly.
Here she is taking decisive action against anti-Semites.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/corbyn-ch ... m-1.507323
Jeremy Corbyn’s former chief of staff boasted about her involvement in attempts to force out MPs and union officials who had stood up against antisemitism, the JC can reveal.

A series of damning phone messages shown to this newspaper confirm that Karie Murphy admitted being personally involved in moves to “trigger” the deselection of the MPs who quit Labour in February last year citing Mr Corbyn’s failure over antisemitism.

After seven Labour MPs quit the party in February 2019 - including Luciana Berger, Angela Smith, Mike Gapes and Chuka Umunna - Ms Murphy wrote: “F**king idiots. All the work I did to trigger them and they leave before I had the pleasure.”

In another WhatsApp message, Ms Murphy, who was in charge of Labour’s 2019 General Election campaign, also admitted involvement in a successful move to have a union official who had previously called for the party to adopt the IHRA definition of antisemitism removed as chair of the party’s equalities body, the National Executive Committee (NEC).
I wonder what attracted Corbyn to this man?

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/corbyn-su ... m-1.507971
A Jeremy Corbyn supporter is facing a jail sentence after pleading guilty to three counts of sending malicious communications to Jewish Labour MPs Dame Margaret Hodge and Dame Louise Ellman, and to the outspoken campaigner against antisemitism John Mann.

Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard how Nicholas Nelson, 31, sent multiple emails and made numerous telephone calls to the trio, including branding Dame Margaret a “racist Zionist c**t” before adding, “I hope you die”.

The messages were sent between July and September 2018 - when all three victims were still MPs - after Mr Nelson singled them out over their opposition to antisemitism in the party.

The court heard how Mr Nelson’s emails, telephone calls and voice messages were so frequent that parliamentary and constituency office staff became scared to answer the phones.
The Weeping Angel wrote:I wonder what attracted Corbyn to this man?

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk/corbyn-su ... m-1.507971
A Jeremy Corbyn supporter is facing a jail sentence after pleading guilty to three counts of sending malicious communications to Jewish Labour MPs Dame Margaret Hodge and Dame Louise Ellman, and to the outspoken campaigner against antisemitism John Mann.

Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard how Nicholas Nelson, 31, sent multiple emails and made numerous telephone calls to the trio, including branding Dame Margaret a “racist Zionist c**t” before adding, “I hope you die”.

The messages were sent between July and September 2018 - when all three victims were still MPs - after Mr Nelson singled them out over their opposition to antisemitism in the party.

The court heard how Mr Nelson’s emails, telephone calls and voice messages were so frequent that parliamentary and constituency office staff became scared to answer the phones.
There's nothing in the article that states Corbyn even knew this guy so I can't see how he would be "attracted" to him.
oboogie liked this
The thing is saying you've dealt with anti-semites more quickly and effectively than other party leaders may well be true, but surely one of the main problems was their refusal to call anti-semites such?
This is going very badly for Corbyn.

He says that reports of antisemitism were exaggerated and caused by factionalism.
Starmer says that anyone saying that has no place anywhere near the party.
oboogie liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:29 am
This is going very badly for Corbyn.

He says that reports of antisemitism were exaggerated and caused by factionalism.
Starmer says that anyone saying that has no place anywhere near the party.
Just heard that quoted at Starmer's press conference.
Starmer says he'll read Corbyn's complete statement.

I see an excellent opportunity to clean up several messes at once.
Any downside to giving caveat Corbyn his cards? No contrition, personal responsibility or any intention of taking a bullet for the party. Antisemitism in leftist liberationist politics may not be a talking point down the Dog and Duck but voters already decided Corbyn’s a wrong ‘un.
Attachments
2F19B421-B06C-4B73-80B2-CE3371FFDA2A.jpeg
2F19B421-B06C-4B73-80B2-CE3371FFDA2A.jpeg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1261 times

By Oblomov
Blairite centrist melt James O'Brien just had a Jewish Voice For Labour member on genuinely trying to paint Jeremy Corbyn as the victim here :shock:
David Baddiel may have been on the money when he said that, on Twitter at least, the report won't change a single mind. Smoking gun or whitewash, people will have decided already. Of course, in the wider society, things may be different.
The Tories, Generally

This is the Tory concept of charity. https://pb[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, quite. It's a bit late to start expressing […]

C**t of the day

And we know why that is...

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

From the comments: Canary Wharf - London would b[…]