Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 32.1 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 21.8 % 😯 7.9 % :grinning: 25.4 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.4 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
One of the spookiest things I’ve seen all year was the video Flynn posted a few months ago where he appeared to pledge allegiance to QAnon, whilst surrounded by members of his own family who parroted his words in unison. Presumably, Flynn would be among like-minded friends in the modern Georgia Republican Party.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Georgia Republicans look like going the same way as Virginia Republicans, who used to dominate and now can't win a dog catcher election. I suppose it's always possible to find new non-white voters- lots of conservative Christians among them who presumably like the "pro-life" judges. But it's not looking good, even if I think Trump and Perdue will win this time, and maybe Loeffler/Collins too. Brian Kemp ought to have a tough re-election in 2022.
Arrowhead liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Trump doesn’t back losers
President Trump has reportedly not donated to his own reelection campaign even as he has continued to invest millions of dollars in his private businesses and as Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden maintains a significant cash advantage over the president heading into Election Day.

Earlier this month, filings with the Federal Election Commission reported that the Biden campaign had raised more than $177 million, compared to the Trump campaign's $63.1 million, not including funds from joint fundraising committees.

On Thursday, The New York Times reported that even after Trump announced publicly in September that he would invest his own money in his reelection campaign "if more money is needed," the sitting president has not yet done so with less than two weeks to go until Nov. 3. https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... n-campaign
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Does anyone suspect that Trump doesn't really want the gig any more? Covid has endured that it's not as much of a breeze as he thought it was going to be, and it's just too much of hard graft for him.

If he loses he can cry foul, you know, Democrats up to no good and so on, then he can go back to golf and getting a grip of secretaries.

I suppose he could do with the protection from lawsuits and prosecutions that the office provides, but other than that, not sure any more.

His one trick, that of being the outsider, non politician, has been played, he's now a known quantity and is known to be shit.

Just throwing in an idea
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
mr angry manchester wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:36 pm
Does anyone suspect that Trump doesn't really want the gig any more? Covid has endured that it's not as much of a breeze as he thought it was going to be, and it's just too much of hard graft for him.

If he loses he can cry foul, you know, Democrats up to no good and so on, then he can go back to golf and getting a grip of secretaries.

I suppose he could do with the protection from lawsuits and prosecutions that the office provides, but other than that, not sure any more.

His one trick, that of being the outsider, non politician, has been played, he's now a known quantity and is known to be shit.

Just throwing in an idea
He didn't want it in the first place, when he got it he realised how lucrative it could be, and now he's desperate to keep it because he knows he'll end up in prison without it. That's my take, anyway.
US election 2020

He's probably in hiding now, due to death threats.

I don't have the words to express my disgust at th[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Commentariat are spinning this as proof of intern[…]

On the Radio

Driving home tonight, The Moral Maze , on the sub[…]