Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 33.3 % :thumbsup: 8.9 % :grinning: 40 % 🧥 2.2 % 😟 8.9 % :cry: 4.4 % :shit: 2.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
"Call 061 811 8055"

Ah, the Manchester Saturday Superstore!

Liam Gallagher's been on a bit of a "redemption" streak over the last few years since Beady Eye's split up - seems to have sobered up from most of the heavy drinking & drug use and his voice has recovered to some extent thanks to it, has helped mend bridges with the previous Oasis members (Bonehead has appeared on a few occasions at his concerts) minus Noel of course, and has tried to make up for lost time with his children that he saw little or none of growing up. If art was to imitate life, then the lyrics to "Once" would seem to reflect this. Whatever's left of his brain that hasn't been permanently damaged by cocaine seems to be attempting to tread a fine line between ordinary Joe and "rock star".

By Oblomov
Aye, science for the Joe Rogan generation where the more important aspect of it is getting high and being wowed by the night sky.

By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:32 am
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:48 am
Is it the curse for Manc' musos - eventually they all become Morrisey.

(Except, of course for Prof' Brian Cox, who will turn into Patrick Moore).
Carl Sagan. Moore was a fascist.
That was my point: Popsters ==> Morrisey: Stargazers ==> Moore

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Of course Sunak's right about musicians retraining......there's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis

Very baggy Adidas anorak 3 pegs along please
Bones McCoy liked this

By Andy McDandy
Not really. Even in ye olden dayes, the theatre and opera were more places to be seen at than places to enjoy a show. Likewise a home library was a status symbol, not necessarily a collection of books you'd want to read. There are auction records for job lots of books, purely for "furnishing the room".
spoonman liked this

By Andy McDandy
Seen similar in hotels, both here and in the States - "Books are for display purposes only".

At least book spine panelling to hide your TV served a purpose.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:07 pm
See also pub chain furnishings. I once took a book down from above the bar and started reading it while the barmaid screamed "You can't read that! Put it back!" - and I'll wager I'm not the only one.
The main meeting room of the National Liberal Club is lined with books.

Fibreglass books...

By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:23 pm
Seen similar in hotels, both here and in the States - "Books are for display purposes only".

At least book spine panelling to hide your TV served a purpose.
They should caption Raab's podcasts with that...
US election 2020

It was another four more years of triggering the […]

Shaun Bailey

I'll never stop finding Gammons funny.

Labour, Generally.

I can see why they think Starmer's out to get Jez […]

The Tories, Generally

Car sales have fallen in a pandemic, so they might[…]