Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 31.9 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 21.9 % 😯 8 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.4 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I was trying to watch the replay on BBC Parliament, but it's been a long and very crap week, and I just couldn't bring myself to sit through Trump’s blatantly false word salads to see what Biden had to say.

Am somewhat depressed at the amount of press appreciation being given to the fact that the Commander-in-Chief of the US managed the debate equivalent of using his potty like a big boy, rather than smearing the floor.

By oboogie
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Too little too late as far as Trump's concerned.
I think this election's all about Trump and I doubt last night's going to change anyone's mind. Trump's behaviour only looked good because our expectations of him are so low, had any other politician behaved like he did last night, today's news would be full of how bad he was.
People who loathe Trump are not going to change their minds just because he reigned it in a bit for an hour and a half. Conversely, there will be some Trump fans who were so disappointed by his performance last night that they may fear he's lost his edge. Will they bother to turnout for a sellout?
Apparently a third of America has already voted and I'm pretty certain the other two thirds decided long ago which way they're going.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:51 pm
It took them nearly an hour to post the second bit, after people pointed out that it might be nice to say something about Covid.

What does "Build World's Greatest Infrastructure System" even mean?

Would you expect anything else from Jones? Meanwh[…]

Labour, Generally.

https://twitter.com/Maomentum_/status/133282130525[…]

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mps-raise-conce[…]

Shaun Bailey

He's taken a day from talking rubbish about TFL, t[…]