Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47.9 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 12.1 % 😯 5.5 % :grinning: 22.1 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.7 % :cry: 5.5 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cosying up with fascists aside, makes you wonder what else they're sneaking through.

Cannot believe that they can be this arrogant and/or tone deaf. This is serious 1996, season 10 of the Major show no fuck giving.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:03 am
Not to defend Rayner (and hasn't she apologized?) but are they seriously claiming that the abuse was caused by Rayner, not by them voting not to give free meals to poor kids in a pandemic?

Offended by everything. Ashamed of nothing.

By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:57 pm
Cosying up with fascists aside, makes you wonder what else they're sneaking through.

Cannot believe that they can be this arrogant and/or tone deaf. This is serious 1996, season 10 of the Major show no fuck giving.
The difference being that Major was fundamentally a decent old-school Tory who was unable to deal with the Bastard Squad. Johnson is letting them have free rein because he's one of them.

By KevS
To me, this decision about school meals is worse than Brexit.

You see, with Brexit, there is a chance of course, however small it may seem, that it may turn out a rip roaring success. Personally, I don't think so, but yes, I could be wrong.

Nobody can say with 100% certainty that Brexit will work, or it will not. We will have to wait and see. People voted for it in the belief that it will work, and as yet, we cannot say that they were wrong.

The school meals issue however, is only going to result in one outcome. Hungry children. For someone to vote, or indeed support that shows such wickedness, and lack of compassion for their fellow human being that their moral compass is not only askew, but thoroughly broken.
Malcolm Armsteen, Timbo, Tubby Isaacs and 1 others liked this

By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:05 pm
I'm hearing from some friends - who I trust - that in central Wandsworth the gangs are feeding the school-age kids who are short of grub. Doing them a favour. Which will later be called in...
Where the state fails, Mafias fill the void.

By Andy McDandy
It encapsulates the problem with politics these days. Tribalism and loyalty are everything, reason and logic are signs of weakness. There can be no backing down, because it's worse to admit defeat than to die. Because you don't see it as about actual people, but as a theoretical exercise, a topic for debate, practice for your rhetorical skills.

Remember the furore over that Eton exam paper, "justify shooting protesters dead"? This is that in real time.
Labour, Generally.

Williamson was kicked out when Jez was leader anyw[…]

I'm doing my very best not to laugh here...

The Tories, Generally

The only concept the Conservative’s have of […]

Would you expect anything else from Jones? Meanwh[…]