Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 41.7 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 7.5 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 36 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 1 % 😟 2 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:40 pm
Buccaneering free trade latest. Daniel (who only lets his pals reply to him on Twitter) doesn't know that tariffs are a tax on consumers. Interesting platform for a Tory MP.

He has no idea how boring this is for the left who were debating the value of tariffs forty years ago. And learning the hard way how ‘taking back control’ of sovereignty was a self-defeating illusion in a globalised economy if you’re not a superpower.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We've now got this for the rest of our lives...

We were talking to Spike this week, about her plans for the future. She thinks she might want to work in photography or some creative industry.

"I'd like an apartment in Paris"
"That may be tricky after Brexit"
"Don't worry. My generation will sort that. We'll be back."

Sounds possible?

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:16 pm
Too many 'hate to say I told you so' tweets to choose. I would say 'enjoy', but...you know...

"Project Fear"
Funny you should mention that. And as some BTL points out, the logic of tariffs leading to more expensive products isn't exactly obscure.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:57 pm
I thought that was what I said!
You did; but I genuinely doubt that the body we now know as the EU will want 'us' back - ever. And who knows what geopolitical issues will occur over the next century.

I'm pretty sure mainland Europe will manage quite well without its offshore neighbour.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm
Personally I think the EU are probably quite pleased to see the back of us.
Giving up a centuries old role acting as a power balancer in Europe is seen as tragedy for Britain and Europe. Seeing erratic nationalists cast adrift one its a largest economies respected for its commitment to rules based institutions, is a potential threat to the stability of Europe.
The Tories, Generally

I do wonder if they're trying to compete for some […]

What did the General Secretary actually rule was[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Interesting, even taking into account my mistrus[…]

Odin in an Opel! https://twitter.com/rachaelven[…]