Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 31.9 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 21.9 % 😯 8 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.4 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:51 pm
Funny on abortion aren't they? Before the child is born, it is a sacred thing. After its born they don't give a shit if it's condemned to a life of poverty.
Yeah.

One criticism I have of Biden's campaign is that he hasn't rammed "pro-life" bullshit back in their faces, seeing that Covid has exposed it as absolute nonsense.

By Bones McCoy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:54 pm
Boiler wrote:"Establish permanent manned presence on the Moon".
Anyone else contemplating which be-rugged orange criminal fuckwit might be a good choice to bugger off there and never bother us again? Would deprive us of a trial or two, granted.
As penal colonies go, the Moon's a decent choice.

By crabcakes_windermere
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:17 pm
Yeah.

One criticism I have of Biden's campaign is that he hasn't rammed "pro-life" bullshit back in their faces, seeing that Covid has exposed it as absolute nonsense.
You have to be insanely careful with that in the US, as it can be the sole issue some people decide on even if everything else a candidate does is terrible and their opponent is the complete opposite. As long as Biden works to keep it legal - and there doesn’t seem to be any reason to think he wouldn’t - he’s probably better off not gifting Trump the attack line.
spoonman liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:17 pm

You have to be insanely careful with that in the US, as it can be the sole issue some people decide on even if everything else a candidate does is terrible and their opponent is the complete opposite. As long as Biden works to keep it legal - and there doesn’t seem to be any reason to think he wouldn’t - he’s probably better off not gifting Trump the attack line.
I wasn't thinking he needs to talk about abortion. Just wanted him to go after the "pro life" label. But probably understandable, as you say.

By Arrowhead
The positive spin on the tweet below is that a seemingly massive surge in early voting among young voters bodes very well for the Democrats, if one accepts that this segment of the electorate tend to be the most idealistic/progressive in their outlook.

The negative spin is that I remember getting very excited on hearing similar reports prior to GE2019 (the much-vaunted "2nd Youthquake"), and Labour still ended up being completely poleaxed.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I remember getting very excited on hearing similar reports prior to GE2019 (the much-vaunted "2nd Youthquake"), and Labour still ended up being completely poleaxed.

My first thought but the young Brits were concentrated in seats Labour already held. Which contributed to a more respectable popular vote than the tally of lost seats.
Arrowhead liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Heck. Trump won Montana by over 20 last time. Credible pollster too (Scott Rasmussen is distinct from Rasmussen Reports).

Montana also has a Senate race, which is expected to be much closer than the presidential one. The Democrat candidate in that is the popular governor, Steve Bullock, who has some cross party appeal. Is this poll Biden getting basically all the Bullock voters? Or has the general Republican vote just fallen a lot?
Arrowhead liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
I can’t decide if this is Putin notifying Trump that he has failed him and that he’s fired, or he’s attempting to wind him up and get him to do something insane to win back his favour.

But it’s Putin, so there’s DEFINITELY an ulterior motive.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true

By Boiler
Certainly a Texan teacher I'm in occasional correspondence with can't wait to see the back of him - but as ever, it's not over until the Orange Shitgibbon is officially slung out of the Oval Office.

Then all we have to do is the same to the Tory infestation.

By Tubby Isaacs
I think Trump win- Ted Cruz won statewide in a very bad year for Republicans, only 2 years ago.

There's certainly potential for the Democrats in previously turnout Hispanic areas. Is this finally being realised? Not clear that it is yet.

Turnout does seem like it'll be very high in suburbs though, and the Democrats have potential here. As in the South generally, Texas has lots of college-educated whites who vote Republican. If they're switching in big numbers then that's bad for Trump.
Richard Littlejohn

I knew he would get triggered when the government […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Dunt is strategising. You can agree with his view […]

The Tories, Generally

This is the Tory concept of charity. https://pb[…]

C**t of the day

And we know why that is...