Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 31.9 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 21.9 % 😯 8 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.4 % :cry: 2.8 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I suspect it won’t flip, but even the news of a Biden poll lead will spook the GOP. The more they have to divert into securing seats they should be taking for granted, the less they spend in genuinely flippable seats. And support for Trump will continue to drain away as people try and save their own arses.

By Bones McCoy
I'm delighted that Biden has "gone there" - not a moment too soon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/election-us-2020-54714265

(Sorry folks, I expected the excerpt to appear).
Time and again, throughout our history, we’ve seen charlatans, the con men, the phony populist, who sought the play on our fears, appeal to our worst appetites, and pick at the oldest scabs we have for their own political gain.
They appear when the nation’s been hit the hardest and we’re at our most vulnerable, never to solve anything, but only the benefit themselves.
I've no idea whether it will swing any hearts and minds: Maybe a few who paid their Trump University fees.

But it's a think that needs saying to give the orange one and his bag-carriers a well deserved bum's rush.

Aside and irrelevant:
Does anybody else find the new "Calm Donald" voice incredibly camp.
I imagine a guest star in an obscure "Direct to telly" Carry On film.

By Bones McCoy
Senator misunderstands effect of timelag and improved therapies.

I still can't figure out why they're so keen for us all to die.
Can't quite figure out the usual "what's in it for them" angle.
Have they decided it's time to launch "Project Elysium"?

By Tubby Isaacs
On Monday we received from a source a collection of confidential documents related to the Biden family. We believe those documents are authentic, they’re real, and they’re damning … We texted a producer in New York and we asked him to send those documents to us in LA … He shipped those documents overnight to California with a large national carrier brand … But the Biden documents never arrived in Los Angeles. Tuesday morning we received word from the shipping company that our package had been opened and the contents were missing. The documents had disappeared.
Funny how they can't tell us which company this is, eh?

By Bones McCoy
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:17 pm
On Monday we received from a source a collection of confidential documents related to the Biden family. We believe those documents are authentic, they’re real, and they’re damning … We texted a producer in New York and we asked him to send those documents to us in LA … He shipped those documents overnight to California with a large national carrier brand … But the Biden documents never arrived in Los Angeles. Tuesday morning we received word from the shipping company that our package had been opened and the contents were missing. The documents had disappeared.
Funny how they can't tell us which company this is, eh?
Chinny reckon.

And in 2023 the Fax machine was invented...

By Tubby Isaacs
Allegedly it's possible to email large files these days and all. Who's this "producer" in New York anyway? Fox News have an office in New York. He could have gone in there with it and it would have been on air in 5 minutes. He's not living in Montana, like Larry Sanders when he flounces from his show.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I just can't bring myself to believe he won't win. Not after what happened in 2016. People with far more knowledge of US politics than me claim things are looking different this time round, voter turnout and such, but I'll have to see it before I believe it. 2020 has been too shit to expect a positive outcome from this!
davidjay liked this
Sir Keir Starmer

I agree with most of 3-10 its standard left wing a[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

You can easily have multiple threads of feeling on[…]

Richard Littlejohn

I knew he would get triggered when the government […]

The Tories, Generally

This is the Tory concept of charity. https://pb[…]