Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47.9 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 12.1 % 😯 5.5 % :grinning: 22.1 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.7 % :cry: 5.5 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
The Tory spin and control of the media is so effective, that's the problem. I come across people a lot, both face to face and on line, who moan about people who can't feed their kids but can afford Sky and false nails etc. I ask for evidence and none is provided.

These aren't rich people, or obvious Tories, but working class people from the same places as me, who are just about keeping going, only one or two steps above needing assistance themselves. I despair.

I'm fucking sick of the selfish, stupid, racist, Brexit voting idiot populace, they're dick heads and I can't stand them.

We're so far gone now I don't see any way back, the Tories and other disaster capitalist s will always win, they are backed by a media with its snout in the trough.

The free school meals debate has shown up some great people, but it's equally unearthed some detestable cunts.

I'm so fed up that I may change my name to Mr Apathetic.

Another thing I hate is the myth that the Tories propagate that hard work = wealth. A woman my wife works with is a lunchtime assistant at the school, also works at Aldi and is a cleaner. She still hasn't a pot to piss in, if this were true, she would have a 5 Bedroom house in Wilmslow.
Last edited by mr angry manchester on Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boiler, youngian, Projective Unity and 4 others liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
It's brought out people's inner Tory, and the Four Yorkshiremen sketch brought to life. "My mum fed 147 of us on a shilling a week, why can't these people do the same"

By Boiler
mr angry manchester wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:59 pm
I'm fucking sick of the selfish, stupid, racist, Brexit voting idiot populace, they're dick heads and I can't stand them.

We're so far gone now I don't see any way back, the Tories and other disaster capitalist s will always win, they are backed by a media with its snout in the trough.

The free school meals debate has shown up some great people, but it's equally unearthed some detestable cunts.

I'm so fed up that I may change my name to Mr Apathetic.
Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The Tory spin and control of the media is so effective, that's the problem. I come across people a lot, both face to face and on line, who moan about people who can't feed their kids but can afford Sky and false nails etc. I ask for evidence and none is provided.

These aren't rich people, or obvious Tories, but working class people from the same places as me, who are just about keeping going, only one or two steps above needing assistance themselves. I despair.

I fear the next set of polls will see no movement or even a slight rise in the Tory vote as they know exactly what they’re doing in corralling these shit heads. Most of whom probably won’t vote for anyone once its beyond debate that Brexit is fucked or Johnson pisses them off in some other way. I hope so as Labour won’t have to pander for their vote.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I reckon I've decoded most of it. But I'm still wondering what eg the Pupil Premium and Business Loan Support have to do with providing meals for poor children. Funny too that nobody in the government seems to have mentioned that the payments to LAs would provide them either.

By davidjay
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:27 pm
He did. But remember behind very meme there's a story to tell.

https://tidesofhistory.com/2018/07/03/l ... -lives-on/
That's an interesting website. Thanks for pointing it out.

By Samanfur
This story just keeps rumbling on.

I know I seem to keep saying this, but: I remember when even a fraction of this would've ended careers. And not just political careers, but made you such an embarrassment that even the six-figure speaking arrangements and autobiography publishers wouldn't have touched the culprit with even somebody else's ten foot pole.

I miss those days.
Exposed: Special procurement channels for ‘VIPs’ and Cabinet contacts

Leaked documents seen by Good Law Project set out special pathways by which “VIP” and “Cabinet Office” contacts could be awarded lucrative PPE contracts at the height of the pandemic – and at inflated prices.
The Trump Presidency

Yep, saw that yesterday. I'd half expect him to be[…]

The Tories, Generally

Randomly spotted in the BBC SYB on the forthcoming[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

There's a difference between "making the Tori[…]

Shaun Bailey

I suppose it could be a 50% share in Zone 4. But y[…]