Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 57.5 % ❤ 15.4 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 0.4 % :grinning: 9.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 4.2 % 😟 4.2 % :cry: 1.1 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:26 am
Cultural references this week are Nat King Cole, Frank Ifield and to show his down with the hit parade; Dire Straits.
Frank Ifield?

Frank fucking Ifield?!

My mother, bless her, had a few of his records; she would dance with my father to them. Were she still amongst us, she'd have been ninety this year.

Finger on the pulse there, Dickie.
youngian liked this

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:32 pm
I rather enjoyed Mars Attacks. Was that him wot done the music?
Slim Whitman: Indian Love Call.

Serious contender for the last genuinely good Tim Burton film, that.

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... g-fun.html

Roll up, roll up, it's Littlejohn's Komedy Kavalkade! Piloting the clown car while doing filks of Christmas songs, one step away from (and much less funny than) shepherds washing socks, Batman's personal odour problems, or kings taking unlikely transport options.

Then at the end, he mocks Teresa May for earning colossal amounts of money for public speaking when she has nothing of interest to say.

Yeah.
Amazonian liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
...he mocks Teresa May for earning colossal amounts of money for public speaking when she has nothing of interest to say.

Showing a total lack of self-awareness there.
AOB liked this

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... t-RAF.html

Mixing metaphors like crazy, Dickie isn't happy. And some scales are falling from his eyes...
Look, it gives me no pleasure writing this. I've supported Boris as London Mayor, over Brexit and backed him to become Tory leader and PM — even if I've never bought the Heir To Winston schtick.
Funny, as you open with
So much for Churchill Reincarnate.
You know, I've never bought into it either. I struggle to remember any speech he's made that was memorable for reasons other than being pointlessly offensive, badly planned, badly delivered, or just crap. All the "Heir to Churchill" crap was from you, his right wing media mates, plus from him.

You made it, you bought it.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
There was an episode of the Crown in which Churchill took a dismissive attitude to the London smog (the wind will blow it away..). But Churchill famously said something like; only idiots don't change their minds when the evidence changes. Churchill finally got it and led to the Tories introducing the Clean Air Act. You could argue Johnson has had a Churchillian moment but Littlejohn is too thick to see it.
Boris has gone the full Patty Hearst, the American heiress kidnapped by a group of Left-wing lunatics called the Symbionese Liberation Army in California in 1974.

She eventually became so brainwashed that she was caught on video wielding an M1 carbine during a bank robbery staged by the group in San Francisco.

That's where Boris is now.

He may not have been filmed running out of Coutts in the Strand with a sawn-off in one hand and a bag of used tenners in the other.

where is the empirical evidence that WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!? It is conspicuous by its absence.
There isn't any which is why no one has ever claimed this will happen. Fucking dickhead.

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... itain.html

More evidence that we shouldn't assume the obvious - no election thoughts, rather a tale of woe and flouting of Covid regulations. Heavy handed approach by the police? Maybe. But he then turns it into his usual "why aren't they slapping blacks/travellers/transpeople around instead?".

Also, a bit on poppies and conspicuous caring. Oh do fuck off.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Not sure I agree with Mr. Dunt here. https://twit[…]

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

From the comments: Canary Wharf - London would b[…]

C**t of the day

Hamilton. Sounds a bit...Scottish?

Sir Keir Starmer

They'd be a bit late to the game because a "[…]