Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 73.7 % ❤ 0.8 % :thumbsup: 8.5 % 😯 0.8 % :grinning: 10.2 % 🧥 0.8 % 🙏 0.8 % 😟 0.8 % :cry: 0.8 % :shit: 2.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:36 pm
Keir must be feeling pretty let down by him. Possibly misguidedly Keir has stuck with him and attempted to shield him a bit and this is how Corbyn repays him for that.
Starmer seemed to be trying his utmost to not condemn Jezza in that conference this morning.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:04 pm
I think the Greens are going to be a nuisance to Labour. They were bad enough in 2019, where they ran pointless candidates as though Labour were still opposing a referendum.
The Greens might gain a few points in Lewisham if Cult Jez flood the party but elsewhere the juxtaposition can only help Labour.
Arrowhead wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:49 pm
Somebody needs to give Caroline Lucas a tap on the shoulder. I suspect the Greens are about to suddenly gain thousands of new members, and maybe even a handful of new MP’s.
I hope not. I know they can split the otherwise Labour vote, but I wouldn't wish what my CLP's had to deal with from its hardcore Momentumites on the Greens.
Arrowhead liked this
youngian wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:23 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:04 pm
I think the Greens are going to be a nuisance to Labour. They were bad enough in 2019, where they ran pointless candidates as though Labour were still opposing a referendum.
The Greens might gain a few points in Lewisham if Cult Jez flood the party but elsewhere the juxtaposition can only help Labour.
It didn't help very much in Stroud. 4,954 Green votes. Tory majority 3,840. See also Blyth Valley, Bury North and South, Gedling, Heywood/ Middleton, High Peak etc.

Potential for lots more. Jez is probably heading into retirement, but plenty of scope to pick up Jezites who stress "neoliberalism" instead of Jez as the reason they left.
Twatterati have turned their fire on Rachel Riley.

A few saying that they cannot watch Countdown because of her. What sad, single issue bastards.
youngian wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:26 pm
Where will these Green MPs come from?
It's a long shot, but I suppose at least some of the Corbynish 2019 intake may feel sufficiently disillusioned right now to jump ship altogether. Their choices would be to either sit as independents, join the Greens, or possible coalesce under whatever party McCluskey conjures up from thin air in the next few months.
The Tories, Generally

'Britain's Most Historic Towns', C4. Should be ava[…]

Would you expect anything else from Jones? Meanwh[…]

Labour, Generally.

https://twitter.com/Maomentum_/status/133282130525[…]

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mps-raise-conce[…]