Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47.9 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 12.1 % 😯 5.5 % :grinning: 22.1 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.7 % :cry: 5.5 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
In the face of increasingly grave situations, every major European leader has been stepping up to the plate today.

Except one.
Tubby Isaacs, Boiler liked this

By Andy McDandy
Boiler wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 pm
That's probably because the un-named leader is awaiting instructions from his Supreme Leader so until then, he's probably masturbating furiously in the shed.
Just occurs to me that you never see Cummings and Lord Snoke* together.

*Villain from the new Star Wars fillums, m'lud.
Boiler wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:04 pm
That's probably because the un-named leader is awaiting instructions from his Supreme Leader so until then, he's probably masturbating furiously in the shed.
Don't be daft. Shagging some poor Tory intern/future Mrs Johnson no. 4 in the shed, possibly...

By Andy McDandy
"I have saved you all! Rejoice that the wicked wizard is dead!"

"I quite liked him, actually" someone said.

"Me too" said someone else. "When my cat had the mange he prepared me a magic potion"

"He cured my warts" said someone else again.

"He shagged my wife" said yet another someone, "You couldn't help liking him though"
From "The Garden of Unearthly Delights" by Robert Rankin.

Point being, Johnson isn't a moralist and hasn't tried to be. He's not tried to play the moral probity card because he knows it won't wash. He's casting himself now as the guy who really doesn't want to stop the fun but there really isn't any choice, opposed to Mr. Killjoy who wants to stop everything because he's a big meanie. And when it's all over he'll go back to happy Saturday morning funtime Boris, while Starmer will remain Grumpyface Sourpuss.

And that, kids, is where relentless dumbing down and infantilisation of politics gets you.
Timbo, AOB, Oblomov liked this

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It struck me, today, reading about US democrats attacking Trump's morality etc, that whilst that is absolutely right, and will be effective with many (myself included), I wonder if it's enough for some. There's clearly always been self-interest, but the newer/resurrected thing (depending on your focus) is the direct, explicit lack of fucks given about immorality (after all, we can all couch things we like as moral) - or at least, maintaining the resemblance of morality.

By Andy McDandy
It plays into the toxic masculinity image very well. "Men are programmed to fight and fuck" and all that bollocks. Meanwhile someone in a loving relationship with some common decency is a sad loser.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
This sums it up
Miffy Buckley @miffythegamer
We have a cabinet full of cocksure, deluded amateurs instead of brains, integrity or expertise. And that’s because the likes of the phenomenally f**king thick Nadine Dorries were taken on in the first place for one reason & one reason alone: their rabid fetish for a hard Brexit.

He has been a busy little turd this morning... ht[…]

US election 2020

Brilliant work by the interpreter guy. They[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Commentariat are spinning this as proof of intern[…]

On the Radio

Driving home tonight, The Moral Maze , on the sub[…]