Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.6 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 9.4 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 24.6 % 🧥 1.2 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
It seems like LINO to me - no real closures, no real "stay at home, whoever you are", no nothing. Just the pretence. Oh, but we'll shut the pubs. Cue Tim Martin.

And when 5,000 a day are dying by Christmas, then what?

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Non essential shops, pubs and restaurants all closed, everybody else strongly advised to work from home. I think it's real. Johnson sounded like he was reading out a list of buses in the Oldham area. I had a friend at university who used to do this sometimes. Good bloke but he wasn't the PM.
Timbo, Oblomov liked this

By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:50 pm
It seems like LINO to me - no real closures, no real "stay at home, whoever you are", no nothing. Just the pretence. Oh, but we'll shut the pubs. Cue Tim Martin.

And when 5,000 a day are dying by Christmas, then what?
Da lokdownz dont work!!! Peeple are dieing.

By AOB
Is Boris the proverbial dead man walking? He's not even polemic in his own party, never mind to the electorate. And this is taking into account his purge of Tory MPs who didn't say "yes Boris, three bags full Boris". They all seem to hate him, regardless of their individual stances. Is Cummins as unpopular as Boris within the party, or has he enough allies?

By Andy McDandy
As pointed out by others, furlough extended with just a few days notice, when many businesses have already started the layoffs process.

Back to work on December 2nd, Christmas shutdown looming, less than 20 working days to prep for no deal Brexit.

Well fucking done Boris, you absolute fucking LEGEND.

By Bones McCoy
A good indication of how complete this lockdowns going to be on today's radio.

A couple of experts answering questions:
I run Yoga classes at a local community hall, can I continue classified as organised sport?
I run music classes and organised a band, can I continue as an educational institution?

By Malcolm Armsteen
That mindset has been the problem all along - not 'we'd better do this for everyone's benefit' but 'here's a rule, how can I get round it'? Self-centredness and an inability to understand why something happens.
Oblomov, KevS liked this

By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:34 am
That mindset has been the problem all along - not 'we'd better do this for everyone's benefit' but 'here's a rule, how can I get round it'? Self-centredness and an inability to understand why something happens.
We have the most divisive and corrupt government in history. Did you honestly think that the sort of people who voted for them will start acting selflessly?
Boiler liked this

By AOB
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:12 am

Back to work on December 2nd, Christmas shutdown looming, less than 20 working days to prep for no deal Brexit.

Well fucking done Boris, you absolute fucking LEGEND.
Good point about the time to prepare for Brexit now being halved. Yet they'll still plug those ads that basically tell firms to "hurry up, the 1st of January is looming."

I'm doing my very best not to laugh here...

The Tories, Generally

The only concept the Conservative’s have of […]

Labour, Generally.

The only grassroots members and MPs who were treat[…]

Would you expect anything else from Jones? Meanwh[…]