Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 41.7 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 7.5 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 36 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 1 % 😟 2 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Too much hard work on Brexit caused me to be a vile creep but I keep my job anyway.
A senior Government lawyer caught ‘upskirting’ on the Tube while advising ministers on trade deals in the lead-up to Brexit has been allowed to keep his job.

Daren Timson-Hunt, 55, admitted using his mobile phone to secretly film the victim as she was making her way to a job interview on June 1 last year.

He became one of the first defendants in the country to be prosecuted for the new offence and was later handed a 24-month community order at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.

The barrister described the family and work pressures affecting him at the time, telling the tribunal his wife was recovering from a serious illness.

Timson-Hunt was also caring for his young daughter while working 80 hours a week advising the government on trade deals leading up to Brexit. https://metro.co.uk/2020/11/24/senior-g ... -13645164/

By youngian
EU's Anything But Arms zero tariffs programme.

Which is a development policy for countries whose economic activity is marginal compared to the size of the EU’s economy. Africa is remaking itself in the EU’s image forming regional trade blocs and extending free movement.
Shouldn’t we be ‘looking after our own’ by applying tariffs to developing country imports?

By youngian
Why does this Torygraph Brexiter need cheering up? He’s got everything he voted for
Most of all, we need cheering up. Let’s just put petty self-righteous beliefs to one side and embrace it.

Topping the bill; Mr Eric Clapton
"I used to be into dope, now I'm into racism," he slurred. "It's much heavier, man. Fucking wogs, man. Fucking Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back. The black wogs and coons and Arabs and fucking Jamaicans don't belong here, we don't want them here. This is England, this is a white country, we don't want any black wogs and coons living here… Enoch for Prime Minister! Throw the wogs out! Keep Britain white!"

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
If you don't fancy reading the whole article, here's a summary:

"Come on, lefties! You normally love a good festival! You were all over that one in...erm...1951. Pull your fingers out! Anyway, we need to make sure that this festival is as inclusive and representative as possible, as long as we can avoid that awful inclusivity and representation crap, so if a few of you black chappies can play the Zulus that would be great...".
The Tories, Generally

https://c.yell.com/t_galleryFit,f_auto/4040bcd0[…]

What did the General Secretary actually rule was[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Interesting, even taking into account my mistrus[…]

Odin in an Opel! https://twitter.com/rachaelven[…]