Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 66.3 % ❤ 4.2 % :thumbsup: 3.2 % 😯 2.1 % :grinning: 9.5 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 2.1 % :cry: 7.4 % :shit: 3.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Telegraph here, in full "can you see what she was up against mode?" Blatant bollocks- there's been performance review for donkeys years. I had one, as an EO, 20 years ago, and doubtless it had been around a while then.

Plus they're apparently reinventing the Minister's Private Office.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
I see no reason to assume the Telegraph has suddenly started publishing true stories.

Especially when the best they can manage is sub Trumpian "I think they're up to something".
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 pm
The Telegraph here, in full "can you see what she was up against mode?" Blatant bollocks- there's been performance review for donkeys years. I had one, as an EO, 20 years ago, and doubtless it had been around a while then.

By Tubby Isaacs
The part of the Civil Service which would do that already exists- it's called the Private Office of the Minister. It's a high prestige job, where there will be lots of applicants for each job who are prepared to do exactly that. Maybe the lower grades get paid overtime, but the more senior ones wouldn't.

By Oblomov
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 pm

An anonymous "former adviser" using a boilerplate rant about snowflakes and other such buzzwords?

I'm going to call made up on that one.
Tubby Isaacs, spoonman liked this
By satnav
Sarah Vine has now waded in with this utter load of nonsense.

If Priti Patel was Labour, the left would be calling her treatment by public school mandarins 'racism' instead they treat her like a traitor because she's Asian

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... acism.html

This has got absolutely nothing to do with racism. I would guess that most of the arguments between Patel and her mandarins stemmed from her wanting to introduce measures that were at odds with the law. We have seen in recent weeks how Patel has used twitter to comment on on-going court cases, such actions can risk cases collapsing. It is the responsibility of civil servants to tell a minister if their proposal are in breach of the law and ministers should heed such advice rather than bullying colleagues who are giving the advice.
Tubby Isaacs, Boiler liked this

By Arrowhead
A thread titled 'List All The Good Things Corbyn Did Whilst Labour Leader' would be fairly sparsely populated right now, especially on this forum. However, I believe we can genuinely thank him for one good deed: causing obnoxious cranks such as Ian Austin and Kate Hoey to jump overboard last year rather than hang around pretending to be Labour MP's. Just look at the state of this tweet:

The Tories, Generally

https://c.yell.com/t_galleryFit,f_auto/4040bcd0[…]

What did the General Secretary actually rule was[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Interesting, even taking into account my mistrus[…]

Odin in an Opel! https://twitter.com/rachaelven[…]