Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 66.3 % ❤ 4.2 % :thumbsup: 3.2 % 😯 2.1 % :grinning: 9.5 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 2.1 % :cry: 7.4 % :shit: 3.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm
Another excuse I've seen is that Priti Patel is only 5ft 3, so she can't bully anyone.

What is this, a school playground 40 years ago? Are the victims supposed to punch her in the face, while the Permanent Secretary makes himself scarce.

"What happened, Priti?"
"I fell"
My tormentor was 4' 10". I'm 6'. I have mental scars that will never heal.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Oblomov
The way they're going about this, Mark Clarke's probably going to be pardoned and installed as her assistant by this time tomorrow.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Boiler
A different take:

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/1 ... -year.html

But nicked from BTL:
As with all of the Tory party, none are competent to run even a bath without blaming the taps for it overflowing.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:43 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Another excuse I've seen is that Priti Patel is only 5ft 3, so she can't bully anyone.

What is this, a school playground 40 years ago? Are the victims supposed to punch her in the face, while the Permanent Secretary makes himself scarce.

"What happened, Priti?"
"I fell"
It's a variation on the idea that mental illness isn't real. I've been bullied/harrassed at work by big, small, young, old, quiet, loud, superiors and also, and this doesn't get the publicity it deserves, those who were working under me.
Tubby Isaacs, Samanfur liked this

By Oblomov
Cyclist wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:43 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

"What happened, Priti?"
"I fell"
The worst bully at my cricket club was of similar stuntedness, and his Napolean Complex definitely overcompensated for that.

Unbelievably, he was also the headmaster of a local primary school. In hindsight I wonder if someone should have been in contact with the governors about how he conducted himself running an amateur recreational sports team on a Saturday afternoon.

By Tubby Isaacs
Patel would surely not be able to survive being exposed in court, even under Johnson. Settling the case would likely be expensive and bad too, maybe not survivable.

Might be a reshuffle before decision day, I suppose. Could Patel be shuffled somewhere else and the excuse made she wasn't in the job anymore? The Tories forced out Mandelson for something (pretty minor anyway) from his previous job, would be a bit hypocritical. So they'll probably do exactly that then.

By Andy McDandy
As others have said, pretty much every action from Johnson's government seems to be suffixed with "...and what are you going to do about it?".
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:05 pm
As others have said, pretty much every action from Johnson's government seems to be suffixed with "...and what are you going to do about it?".
I know we're on anti-bullying here.
I can't help wondering is a bunch of hard lads kicking the tar out of the Bullingdons on manoeuvres might have reset the needle of history.
Sir Keir Starmer

They'd be a bit late to the game because a "[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

From my experience. Over the past 40 years there h[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9003377[…]

The Tories, Generally

Oh man! Buy bigger shirts!