Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48.6 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 12.1 % 😯 5.4 % :grinning: 22 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.4 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:55 pm
What most Tories don't seem to grasp is that most history teaching now focusses on teaching pupils to use various skills so that they are able to look at lots of different sources and then reach their own conclusions.
"Dad, I learned in class that actually some really nasty stuff happened"

"That's the teacher spouting lefty crap. You listen to me."

That's the other problem.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:55 pm
Infectious diseases are pretty much the worst example of "leave it up to the individual" I can imagine.

Two word reply to the brain-damaged Vulcan:

Bournemouth beach

Stupid bloody twat.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Both of these come into the educational category 'thick cunts'.

My colleague Mary would label their files TAPS*

*Thick As Pig Shit

(She also marked files 'SWT' - Severe Wimpish Tendencies.)

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Redwood's mad and increasingly dishonest, but he's a different political generation to IDS (albeit not much older). The social side of Thatcherism was reactionary bollocks that wrote itself, but the economic side of it had to be planned and argued for in a serious way in the seventies and early 80s. Redwood was involved closely with that, and I don't believe the people who did that were stupid any more than I believe Mrs Thatcher was stupid. That's not the same thing as saying I agree with them, of course.

This is different to IDS, popping up in 1992, where all you have to do is chunter about John Major betraying Thatcher's legacy. Of course, that's what Thatcher and Redwood did in the nineties too. But even so, I don't think you can say they're thick like IDS.

By Kreuzberger
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:44 pm

Answers on a postcard...

He's only 5' 2". Innocent of all and any potential charges, no?

By Oblomov
Cyclist wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:41 pm
What is it with these whiney fucking snowflakes and the truth? Does the plain unvarnished historical truth really scare them that much that they can only cope with the sanitised version?

Twats
The "kids of today are too soft, they need character forming experiences" curmudgeons go back a very long way but the mantra's been picked by political marketing departments and weaponised now.
Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9186171[…]

Roll Call

Hi folks Thanks for all your kind and thoughtful […]

With the EU considering banning vaccine exports, i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Another of the new Northern Tories (though his sea[…]