Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48.7 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % 😯 5.4 % :grinning: 22.1 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 0.6 % :cry: 5.4 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oliver Dowden working away at the real issues.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ver-dowden
The culture secretary plans to write to Netflix and request a “health warning” is played before The Crown so viewers are aware that the historical drama is a work of fiction, he said in an intervention that prompted criticism.

By Tubby Isaacs
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:46 pm
This is in response to manufactured outrage in the Mail, is it not?

I know Dowden is an utter lightweight, but we haven't seen this level of grovel for a while.
He can do worse than this.

He rang up Google because somebody did an image search from which Winston Churchill was missing.
Timbo liked this

By Andy McDandy
He also issued a "shame if something happened" warning to the National Trust over murky history.

Short version: history is complex, things done in past we should be ashamed of, no sense in whitewashing things, with that in mind anyone mentions slavery and I'll cut your funding off.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Did you see Alice Roberts' programme on Plymouth last night? An absolute object lesson in how we assess our history. I expect there will be complaints from the Mail - in fact I think there have been over her description of John Hawkins as a slave trader. Which he was, no question, but hey, revisionism...
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:24 pm
Former Tory leader in the Lords, installed as head of the Charity Commission despite the Select Committee not wanting her, Baroness Stowell tells charities to drop the politics and "culture wars". Absurd.

Considering Students’ unions are charities I am concerned.

As for Dowden, complete lightweight, what next a nuisance approach to the poverty in Dickens? Surprised he has gone after Doctor Who.
Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Ah, the old bait and switch/Kansas City shuffle ag[…]

C**t of the day

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/13507956755[…]

"Boris" Johnson

Tory MPs and their families received death threat[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Very offensive.