Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48.1 % :thumbsup: 24.1 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 13 % 🙏 5.6 % :cry: 7.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
There are some people that when you first see them you mark them instantly as a wrong 'un. Utterly untrustworthy, dishonest, crooked as a dog's hind leg. That's him.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:20 am
There are some people that when you first see them you mark them instantly as a wrong 'un. Utterly untrustworthy, dishonest, crooked as a dog's hind leg.
That was my first impression of Williamson’s boss so we can’t rule Gavin out as a future Tory leader. They’ve had six leaders since Major with only two (unpopular Hague and Howard) remotely fit to occupy the office of PM. Labour’s only had one leader who wasn’t.
Last edited by youngian on Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember when people took the piss out of John Prescott? He looks like fucking Lincoln at Gettysburg next to this lot.
Education in this country is being led by a man with a BSc in Social Sciences from Bradford University...

Still, that's six qualification levels above Ian Smith.
Timbo liked this
People knew what Prescott meant. Williamson is increasingly a malfunctioning 50s sci fi robot. They don’t wheel Gavin out very often. Or Dorries, Raab, Patel, Lucy Fraser etc. That’s why Nadim Zahawi is a very busy Barry Gardiner wing man.
It makes me wonder what sort of media training they have. Rather than run practice interviews and get them to prepare answers to likely questions and criticisms, it seems to be focused more on running the clock down and just repeating the same point over and over.
Timbo liked this
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 pm
Remember when people took the piss out of John Prescott? He looks like fucking Lincoln at Gettysburg next to this lot.
I love the Gettysburg Address as a piece of oratory.
Lincoln's ability to sweep tirelessly from biblical imagery, to homespun kitch and back to founding father style tub thumping is quite something.
Lincoln't knowing that "less is more" makes it a classic.
KevS wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:17 am
Odin in an Opel!

I'm surprised he didn't stare into the camera holding two fingers from each hand up, blowing a raspberry and humming "Na Na Na Na Na!!"
spoonman wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:32 pm

I'm surprised he didn't stare into the camera holding two fingers from each hand up, blowing a raspberry and humming "Na Na Na Na Na!!"
I'm surprised he didn't jump up from behind his desk and reveal he was wearing Union Jack shorts.
It looks like Williamson is now threatening to take legal action against Greenwich council if they go ahead and close all their schools early to help try and stop the spread of Covid. This seems to an utterly ridiculous move on his part given how quickly infection rates are rising in London. I though after the track and trace fiasco the government and agreed that local authorities should play a greater role in tracking infections and taking appropriate action.
The Tories, Generally

He needs to lose the whip. https://twitter.com/Wr[…]

Rishi Sunak

More proposed relocation. I live right by the Her[…]

"Boris" Johnson

All of those nurses've sent their mates to Boris' […]

Blue Labour

Yeah, Paul. It's only racism if you're barred from[…]