Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 35.9 % ❤ 5.2 % :thumbsup: 17 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 24.3 % 🧥 1.8 % 🙏 2.7 % 😟 5.5 % :cry: 4.1 % :shit: 1.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I recall TBF that once you took out the Costa Del Sol Gammon/Kipper Anglophone contingent, the great majority of UK citizens that emigrated to the rEU were firmly for "remain" - they weren't exactly stupid in not knowing what would likely happen if "leave" won.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:23 pm
Yup.
That'll probably cost me €100,000. A house I can't use and I can't sell.
My brother, who is in a similar position, is in the process of applying for a “carte de sejour” (residence permit). The French bureaucracy is long-winded and frustratingly slow, but my understanding is that it effectively means he'll be free to spend as much time there as he wishes.
Is that not an option for yourself?
Dover based haulage boss doesn’t take kindly to Bone suggesting its his fault he’s not Brexit ready. I don’t blame Mr Shirley for not being aware early on of the catastrophe facing him. He’s not a politician but it’s reasonable to assume your government would act in a sane manner to further the country’s self-interest
oboogie liked this
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55230463
Food and drink supplies in the UK face more disruption after the end of the Brexit transition period than they did from Covid, the industry has said.

"There are 14 [working] days to go," the Food and Drink Federation's (FDF) chief executive, Ian Wright, told MPs.

"How on earth can traders prepare in this environment?" he added.
Noting that rules for sending goods from Welsh ports to Northern Ireland had only just been published, he said: "It's too late, baby."
Boiler wrote:
Noting that rules for sending goods from Welsh ports to Northern Ireland had only just been published, he said: "It's too late, baby."
Akcherlee, the more I think about it...lyrically, it's very apt indeed. A fitting lament for the U.K from Carole King.

Arrowhead liked this
So, do this afternoon's developments mean that our Norn Irish members have just got themselves a sparky new border off their eastern shores?
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:19 pm
Boiler wrote:
Akcherlee, the more I think about it...lyrically, it's very apt indeed. A fitting lament for the U.K from Carole King.

One of the finest albums ever.
Roll Call

A lad I was at work with for three hours on Tuesda[…]

"Boris" Johnson

He always seems to release these pictures on a Sat[…]

The Trump Retirement

One by one, these otherwise and hitherto untouchab[…]

FOB Terminals for the house. They should be hounde[…]