Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 49.9 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 8.8 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 24.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 3.6 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 0.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ally-warns
Brexit: Johnson and Von der Leyen to take over with direct talks
UK PM and European commission president to speak on Saturday after negotiators fail to reach agreement
The old "taken personal charge" move, probably with a deal virtually done. Labour can't back this deal, can it?
By satnav
By taking 'personal control' Boris can presumably use this as his excuse to throw in the towel in the next few months. If the deal gets universal support he can walk away claiming to have achieved the impossible ad if the deal turns out to be a damp squib he can claim he tried his best but was stifled by the EU bureaucracy and walk away claiming that he is exhausted and struggling with long covid.
Arrowhead liked this

By davidjay
satnav wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:33 pm
By taking 'personal control' Boris can presumably use this as his excuse to throw in the towel in the next few months. If the deal gets universal support he can walk away claiming to have achieved the impossible and if the deal turns out to be a damp squib he can claim he tried his best but was stifled by the EU bureaucracy and walk away claiming that he is exhausted and struggling with long covid.
Whatever happens, he will walk away smelling of roses. That's how he's positioned himself - our very own Teflon Man.

By Boiler
I've just been accused of "getting as low as one can get" for suggesting that Johnson riding in at the last minute is a deflection from the fact his administration has cost 60,000 lives so far.

Mind you, my accuser is an ardent Brexiter, retired and lives in Cheshire... :roll:

By The Red Arrow
You could grab a shovel and dig down for a thousand years. You'd still not be as low as Johnson and his lying, murderous, profiteering, treacherous cronies. That you've touched a nerve with one of his disgusting defenders and enablers should be worn as a badge of honour.

And here's your regular plea to change the title of this thread to 'Alex "I killed more Britons than the Blitz" Johnson'.
Roll Call

Hi folks Thanks for all your kind and thoughtful […]

With the EU considering banning vaccine exports, i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Another of the new Northern Tories (though his sea[…]

More levelling up. They got forced into the Pupil […]