Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 33.5 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 10.7 % 😯 10.7 % :grinning: 33.5 % 🧥 1.8 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.6 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
While I think that FBI warning is legit, and there's reason to be concerned, if there's one thing we've seen this week it's that the protestors - once arrested and out of the mob - are whining crybaby cowards demanding organic meals and weeping about not being allowed on a plane. And these were the hardcore that showed up in DC. This could well serve as notice being given to the various mobs that this time it *isn't* Trump making decisions about who polices this event and how many personnel show up, and they are very much on to you.

If they know they're going to meet with actual organised law enforcement who aren't going to wave them through, they may think again. I know they all won't, but the less foolhardy might.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I do think anyone who as much as squeals will be put down, it’s a shame for America as even in the Republican election days it should be a celebration of their democracy and country.

All Sky can lead with is protests as their advert for the coverage,I’ll stick to CNN.

By MisterMuncher
Boiler wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:14 pm
mr angry manchester wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:03 pm
Never heard of this Marjorie loon until just now, so I've just checked her out. She suggested Hilary Clinton was somehow involved in paedophilia and human sacrifice.
Yep - the basis of QAnon.

The thing that really, really hits me about QAnon is that these people apparently really, really believe these horrendous crimes are an ongoing thing, but are also completely fine with them continuing to happen until such times as it's politically expedient to do anything about it. And they're the good guys...

Then again, for all their shouting, the right wing in general only give a fuck about kids when they can be weaponised anyway, so that part of it at least is entirely plausible
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
That Marjorie moron is now threatening to impeach Biden for abuse of presidential powers he doesn't yet have.

If these crazies weren't so dangerous, they'd be unintentionally funny.

By Andy McDandy
It's like that episode of Peep Show where they're all threatening to section each other.

"If you section me, I'll section you back so hard you won't know you've been sectioned!"

By Boiler
Posts LikeBB
In other news; the NRA has applied for Chapter 11 protection.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN29K2LV
The NRA said it would restructure as a Texas nonprofit to exit what it said was a “a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York” state, where it is currently registered.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Andrew Neil is an advocate of liberal consensus, didn’t you know?
ANDREW NEIL: Why Britain must pray that Joe Biden can hold Fortress America… as thousands of US troops prepare to descend on an inauguration like no other

America is at its most unified when its two main parties occupy the centre, centre-Left and centre-Right ground, as in the Eisenhower and Clinton years. The Democrats are still clinging to the centre-Left. But there is no sign the Republicans will fulfil their part of the bargain any time soon.

So what can be done? The best I can suggest is a period of strong post-pandemic economic growth. The conditions are certainly in place for it.
Just because your TV news station is bankrolled by Fox News’s founder doesn’t mean you have anything to do with Trump. Oh no.
Nor is unity helped by constant calls on the Democratic Left for anyone ever in Trump’s employ or even remotely connected with him to be place on a blacklist to be barred from future employment in the public or private sectors.

It is the Left’s own version of McCarthyism — just what Senator Joseph McCarthy tried to do with anyone he deemed a communist in the 1950s. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... erica.html

By Bones McCoy
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:36 am
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... alling-out

Trump falling out with Giuliani...
There's only one way to settle this - "Trial by COMBAT!!!!"
Priti Patel

Can this be interpreted as an admission of guilt. […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Hello, good evening and welcome...

"Boris" Johnson